Inchcock – Tuesday 13th June 2017: Disordered, Boisterous, Strenuous, Strained Day!


Tuesday 13th June 2017

Zulu: NgoLwesibili 13 June 2017

0340hrs: Stirred, thought about a dream I’d had: Back in school being bullied.

1Mon18Noticed the printed reminder on the TV set. So I rose out of the £300 second-hand recliner, the foot still hurting from yesterday’s toe stub. (Hehe!)  Made my way to the Porcelain Throne.

Again, there was no bleeding coming from Haemorrhoid Harold, and the passing was easy.

Kettle on for a brew, and did the Health Checks. Sys: 170, Dia: 72, Pulse: 90, Temp: 35.6, Weight: 14.8 Seems okay.

No dizzies this morning yet. Took the medications.

Updated and posted the Monday diary and started this one off.

0559hrs: Phoned Sister Jane while making the brew to have a chat. (Didn’t realise when I called her, how early it was, so I rang off) She rang back worried I might be in trouble, bless her.

Did some WordPress reading.

Got some Facebooking in to catch up while I had the time.

0715hrs (Rather early for them) A phone call from the Doctor’s surgery. She wanted me to book an appointment for today and Thursday with them for the surgery nurse for INR Warfarin level blood tests? I explained that the Anticoagulation and Thrombosis department from the QMC rang me last night and told me to take four tablets tonight, and call on them today to have further INR tests and Enoxaparin injections.

She thought about this for a moment, and told me to go to the QMC today and ring them afterwards… then stuttered; She’s seen on her computer screen that I may be admitted today to the hospital? Getting confused again, now! She said if I am not kept in, to ring the surgery and tell them what happened this morning so they can book appointments if needed?

I thanked her and got a bag made up of hospital requirement clothes-wise and washing stuff to take in with me, in case.

Fuddle-Brained now, Tsk!

Took the two black bins out to the chute.Got the

Got the ablutions tended to, dressed and ready to go and catch the bus.

Nice chinwag with other tenants that were waiting. On the bus, crossword book out and soon in town, off the bus, hobbled to Milton Street and2Tue02 caught a 35 bus out to the QMC Hospital.

Gawd blesses the free pensioner’s bus pass scheme. And long may it continue!

The bus arrived at the QMC on Derby Road, and I had no choice but to join the melee, come battle amongst the other passengers wishing to alight at this stop, and who seemed determined to inflict as much pain on the others in their 2Tue06close to suicidal efforts to be the first off the vehicle! Hehe!

I got away with receiving only a push in the back, so no complaints there.

Made my way through the patient smokers, some on drips and in wheelchairs and into the Main Entrance.

Left, to the end of the corridor passing the lifts and into the staircase. Certain I could manage the eight short flights up to ‘D’ floor as I used to do a few years ago, without too much bother.

I was wrong! Hehe! Shattered by the time I got up there.

Reported to the reception desk ladies, who greeted me by my name and with a smile! Cheered me up no end, this did!

Booked in and asked them if I could request a replacement Alert Card, and after I’d washed my hands and returned to the counter, they had made Two new ones for me. Sat on a seat and as I was getting out the crossword book, a lady appeared and called my name! Blimey, they were quick. Bless them!

Into the little consulting room come surgery and went through my details with the two nurses there. One a trainee, the other fully-qualified. Answered their questions and they consulted my details on the computer.When they asked if I’d given myself an injection before, I said no no, but am willing to. As they started to see how I went on injecting a bag of something to learn how to do the stomach later, they both decided that due to the shaking hands I could not give myself the shots after all. They both left the room to arrange for a district nurse to do this job for me.

The trainee nurse, Sally, did the INR test. The results were, INR Down to 1.3 now?

When they asked if I’d given myself an injection before, I said no no, but am willing to. As they started to see how I went on injecting a bag of something to learn how to do the stomach later, they both decided that due to the shaking hands I could not give myself the shots after 2Tue08all. They both left the room to arrange for a district nurse to do this job for me.

They returned, and Sally gave me a shot of Enoxaparin. Reflux Roger had swollen me!

Hardly any sign of a bruise – that will be because of the low INR level – I think? Or perhaps it hadn’t had time to develop yet? She told me to take three Warfarin tonight, then two until further tests on Thursday.

Printed out a record sheet, and gave me a bag of stuff for the District Nurse. Enoxaparin injections, paperwork, booklets and a disposal bin.


2Tue03They both left the room again, to consult with whoever arranges the District Nurses rota and get the print-out of the INR.

I sneaked this photograph in while they were gone. Naughty!

The blue chair is actually the scale they weighed me on earlier that I forgot to mention.

Dropped off some nibbles at the reception desk as I left. Down the stairs Far easier than going up them, hehehe! Out and onto Derby Road and the bus stop.

Caught a number 36 bus back to the City Centre. Thought I’d better get some bread being as I was going to be flat-bound waiting for the nurses to arrive for two days.

2Tue05As I dropped off and crossed over towards the Victoria Centre, I spotted an L9 bus coming into town, so knew I had an hour to wait for the next one so had plenty of time for a wander around.

Walked through the Boots store into the lower mall.

Spotting on the way, that these invisible 2Tue09hearing  aids were on offer, at only:

Core Blimey I thought, two of them would cost a right packet!

So, I decided not to invest in any of them.

Looked at some print outs of them and they go deep in ear hole and what if the wire thingamajig breaks off?

Limped on and realised how long I’d spent in Boots, so had to get a move on to get to Tesco. 2Tue04Got some pod peas and a Sourdough sliced loaf. Used the self-serve counter and got rid of some change.

Hobbled to the L9 bus stop in time.

I was the only person on it until the next bus stop, where masses of folks got on it.

Back at the flats, I was the only one to get off the bus. Up to the apartment with the things from the hospital, and took the photographs of them to use on this diary.

Had a wee-wee, made some tea. Took the medications, did the Health Checks. Got the pod peas on the boil and heated the oven for the fish later.

Updated this diary. The pod peas were well overcooked now. Huh! Got the fish in the oven. No idea when the nurse will arrive to do the injection. She is due one today and two tomorrow for me.

Got the cheesy mash and battered cod in the oven.

Did the Morrison order while it was cooking. Got it done.

2Tue11Sorted the meal out, crossed fingers the nurses don’t come now while I’m eating. Mind you that would be better than right late on. I’m already well past my head-down time.

The meal wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good either. Gave this one a 7/10 rating.

That was because the peas were sweet. Humph!

Did the washing up and tried to watch some TV, but it was impossible; What with having to listen out for the door chime, I dare not put on the headphones to hear the sound.

Gave up and made a cuppa and got on the computer to update this and try to get some graphics done.

The nurse arrived late on. Beautiful gal. No prescription in the bag from the QMC so she had to phone someone for permission to go ahead and hypodermicalise me. Haha!

Gave her some nibbles after she’s tended to me. There will be a day nurse coming in the morning, and she might be coming tomorrow night. I’m all confused more than ever now.

But I remembered to add all the things arranged and altered by the DVT at the QMC and the nurse, onto the calendar.

Did some Facebooking then back to the graphics.

So late and so tired out now I am, folks.

I’ll turn off the computer now, put the TV on, that frequently lets me get to sleep.

Failed Hopes!

6 thoughts on “Inchcock – Tuesday 13th June 2017: Disordered, Boisterous, Strenuous, Strained Day!

  1. I love the stool sample. Brilliant! It’s always helpful when the nurse who is hypodermicalising you is beautiful. I remember some of the vampires that would draw blood to get my counts where not the best, not the best at all, but they were so darn cute that I couldn’t get mad at them for their lack of skill. Shots in the stomach are not fun, either self inflicted or by a nurse. I had to get shots in the stomach daily for the three weeks I was in the hospital last October. One nurse said it was best to inject the meds really fast. Well that caused quite a bruise, and the nurse who did it went on vacation after that, so all the other nurses asked about the amazing bruise, and commented on my explanation with language that was often much more colorful than the bruise; however, the nurse who did it wasn’t around to defend herself. Great sneak shot of the exam room. Is there a rule or law about photographing exam rooms there? Meal looked decent enough. You could always ask the nurse to join you for dinner.

    • I’m with you on the Vampire Nurses and forgiving them, Tim. Hehe!
      The bruising rings a bell with me too, Sir. Last time I had them, the blotches were 5″ in circumference either side of the belly button. Yesterday they were not even a quarter of an inch.
      The sneak shot, I just could not resist it – possibly I might end up in court later – I spotted a CCTV camera in the corner. Oh dearie me?
      Ah, nibbles and a nurse morning and night eh? I like the idea.

  2. It is strange sometimes how the body works, almost like that coumadin didn’t do a thing. Hope you don’t have to go through too many injections <3

    • Thanks, petal. Couple a day. morning and night for five days overall methinks, Corin.
      Clever that pet, I had to look up that Coumadin is Warfarin. Got me there Angel!
      Can you buy any Thomas. J. Fudge’s products over there? (Remarkable Bakery Est. 1916)
      They are very expensive over here, but their Tangy Stilton Wafers, are gorgeous. They melt in your mouth and the Stilton Cheese flavour burst forth! Please ignore this recommendation in the event of your not liking Stilton Cheese. Hehe!
      TTFN and thanks again. XXX

      • I’m not sure that I’ve ever had Stilton Cheese, though I do like a wide variety of cheeses. 🙂 Not certain if we have Thomas J. Fudge’s available out here, but if we do then I would imagine it would be a lot more expensive over here, with shipping fees, especially for yummies that have to be very carefully shipped. They sound amazing though 🙂

      • I’ve never seen them before last week over here Corin.
        The cost here are high enough for them gal, so you might be right, if you do find any, a bank might have to get robbed so you can try them? Hehe!
        TTFN XXX

Leave a Reply