Inchcock Today – Wednesday 7th February 2018: A Whoopsiedangleplop, busy, incident ridden day: But enjoyable at the same time. Is that an oxymoron?

Wednesday 7th February 2018

Scotch Gaelic: Diciadain 7 Gearran 2018

2350hrs: Stirred and awaited the brain to join the body in life. It took a while, but when it did burst forth into action, it was little like a thunderstorm; of wild, violent thoughts, fears and uncontrolled self-loathing. As luck would have it, I banged my shin on the Ottoman as I escaped from the £300 second-hand recliner, and this seemed to bring the normality of the ailments and memory blanks back, I felt the warm wet worrying sensation from the lower regions, and things returned to usual in the grey-cell-box.

To the kitchen. Stubbed my toe on the waste bin.

Got the kettle on. The snow had cleared up and gone. This will make the foot journey easier to the surgery for the blood tests. And, to have the rear-end investigated over the increase in the bleeding. Not looking forward to that in the least!

Hope the rain doesn’t decide to come, though. Had a peek at the forecast, no rain on it.

Did the Health Checks and took the medications.

Had a wee-wee, but this caused the fungal infection to start bleeding again. Messy sort out session.

The lower arm, just above the right wrist seems to be aching and hurting a lot this morning, and both arms are itching away along with the upper back area? After a bit of rubbing the back against the door frame and fetching blood, through over scratching the limbs, I applied some cream to the arm, but couldn’t do this on my own to the back, of course. I must remember to mention it to the nurse later. Hopefully, nurse Nichole this time.

Got the nibble-bags prepared and in the bag for the staff and nurse at the surgery.

On to the computer. Started this post off. Then finished the Tuesday diary and got it posted.

Got the shakes and shivers this morning. I think this is due to the workers removing more cladding yesterday?

Visited the WordPress Reader. Then comments responded to.

Got the shakes and shivers this morning. I think this is due to the workers removing more cladding yesterday?

Went on Facebooking and added graphics to the albums.

A Cyber-Friend, Tim Price, wrote this ditty in response to one of the page top graphics;

I thought it well-worthy of inclusion here and put it on Facebook too.

Closed down the computer and got the ablutions tended to. As I suspected, the medicationalisationing of the Fungal Lesion was not something I’d like to do very often. Unpleasant, nocive and messy. Hey-ho!

Having the scrub-up, I realised why the tootsies were hurting so much. The toenails were far too long! Not being able to cut them myself, I have the pleasant foot-Lady Sue come to trim them. Being so long now, it is apparently well past her calling-on-me day? Is she poorly? Did she call and I was not in and got upset? Had the appointment or something changed, and I had forgotten about it? Oh heck! When I get back from the Treatment room, Chemists, Lidl and the Blood Test, I’ll call into the Obergruppenfureres Warden Shed and ask if someone will be willing to help me by calling her and finding out for me. Then if no luck, I’ll have to do a quick search to get someone to do for me pretty soon, cause I can do without the pain from this as well, I bet it’ll be lousy today by the time I’ve hobbled to Carrington and back? The onyxis can get dangerous if left untreated. This being poked, pressed and squashed does the subungual no favours either.

I got the nibbles into the bag and sorted out the black bags of rubbish and recycling and took them to the chute. On returning to the flat, with time getting short, I popped my head in the wet room to make sure I’d not left any taps running, lights on or spots of blood missed when I cleaned up earlier. Checked the bin in the front room had a black bag in it. Computer off, no alarms ringing or flashing, and then into the kitchen to look at the taps, cooker etc… and blow me down, I had three bins in there instead of two, and I’d missed taking a sealed bag that needed to be chuted as if to speak. Hehe! For a second I thought I must be losing it quicker than I realised. Had the Aliens been at it again? I went back in the front room and comprehended what had happened. I’d put a new refuse black-bag on the chair, and it had fallen where the bin would usually be, hence, fooling this old twit into thinking the container was there when it wasn’t! I didn’t explain that very clearly, did I? Sorry.

Set off, hobbling as fast as things would let me, to avoid my being late for the first appointment. On Chestnut Walk outside the apartments, the puddle near the builders compound was frozen solid. But I have to say, the new jacket was keeping me nice and warm. Mind you, I was moving at a fair rate of knots, for me.

Down Winchester Street Hill, through some side-streets and out turning left onto Mansfield Road. Where a handily placed van was parked right across the pavement. As I took this photo, he had just started to reverse into the traffic solid main road illegally!

I bravely gave him a look of disdain as I waited for him to find a gap or be let in by some kind driver. In return, I got myself a curled lip and the popular amongst sign amongst road-rage perpetrators; suggestive that ‘I Go Forth and Multiply! Hehe!

Along and up and over the crest of the hill.

A right kerfuffle was taking place at the Mapperley Hall Drive junction. Cars trying to exit the Drive had blocked other traffic, and there had been bump connection between two vehicles.

I pressed on down the hill and into Carrington.

As the traffic started to move again, I arrived at the Surgery, straight in, with fifteen minutes to spare. Logged in with the receptionist, the one who has a perfect look of contempt on her face for me each time I go when she is on duty. She makes me want to apologise for bothering her. So compelling is her obviously trained look of unprovable haughtiness. I have to give her credit where its due. Personally, I think she ought to be dealing with the Brexit negotiations for us.

I got the crossword book out, and two minutes later, I was called into the treatment room.

Two nurses,  a doctor and five students greeted me on my entry to the place. I was asked; Am I alright with the presence of the students and the Trainee Home Health Nurse being present? “Of course, certainly, no problem”I replied; Not what I was thinking though! Apparently, I was going to have a Proctoscopy. No idea what one was… but I do now. Humph! Eurgh, shudder!

Knees up, on my side, rear end sprayed with something, scope and torch inserted and moved in every crevice, lump and pathway. I could hear the attractive, highly-desirable Doctor talking to the trainees as she went on her expedition.

Half an hour or so later, red-faced, I was feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable, the doctor handed me some cream to apply and told the others to leave. Then the gorgeous gal went on a machine for a minute or two. I have Stage Four haemorrhoids it seems. An appointment will be made for me at the City Hospital, but there is a long waiting list for banding or sclerotherapy operations at the moment. So I must keep using the cortisone cream whenever they are bleeding. Which this year so far, is all the time, only the degree varies. Electrotherapy (I think that was the word) is an alternative method of treatment and could be a better choice for me. She explained the procedure. Sounded rather like being Tasered up my bum. Haha!

A patient, kind sounding woman, that doctor. She got to the bottom of the problem. Hehehehehe! Sorry.

Out into the waiting room, got the crossword book out, but no time to do any, the nurse came to collect me for the blood test straight away. I’d not met this nurse before. She eyed me with a look of suspicion.

I explained about my accidentally throwing away the wrong part of the result sheet so I could not fill in the Q & A section. She didn’t seem too impressed with me at all. We went through it verbally. As she was putting the needle in, I remember thinking; “How much further is she going to delve into my arm? She left me holding the cotton wool firmly on the hole and went to add the details on her computer. She returned, and the wound was flowing with blood when she removed the cotton. She seemed concerned as to why it was taking so long to stop bleeding. I explained that this often happens. By now she was over time allowed for the blood taking, and I could see she was getting worried about keeping others waiting. I thanked her and departed, handing in the nibbles at the reception desk as I left.

With sincere regrets that Nurse Nichole had not seen me today, I lugubriously made my way down to the Carrington shops, over the road and into the Lidl store.

Where I got some seasoned sliced potatoes Sunstream vine tomatoes, Cox’s apples, Greek Lemon flavoured yoghourts, fresh orange juice, cheap chocolate bars an washing up liquid. Went to pay at the Self-Serve tills, but did not get on very very well. A Lidl bloke looked right pissed off, as he was permanently moving between customers who all seemed to be struggling to get the tills to swipe correctly. I used him once, and got down to the sliced potatoes that would not swipe, no matter what I tried. Of the six tills, five now had their red-light flashing for assistance. So I just left the packet on the side and paid for the consumables I’d already got to go through, then left.

I called at the Chemist and asked him when the next prescription will be due. 17th of this month. I wrote this down on the yoghourt packet in the hope that I will remember to record the date on the calendar later.

I thanked them and started the hobble back into Sherwood. Not so far to walk this time, as I hoped to catch an L9 bus in Sherwood back up the hill to the flats. According to Google Maps, when I got home made a plan of the route limped to and back from the surgery; My outward bound hobble was 1.8 miles, and the return limp was of 0.7 miles.

As I was passing Peugeot Dealership in Carrington, this Nottingham Pavement Cyclist didn’t slow down at all as he came to the illegally parked van on double yellow lines. He swerved around the vehicle going out into the road in one continuous movement without even looking. How the blue 4×4 missed hitting him, I don’t know.

I caught this cause I was getting ready to take a photo of the traffic, so had the camera handy.

Up the hill and down into Sherwood, and up the incline and called into the new bakery, to see if they had any small sourdough bread or cobs on sale. They were… and I’m not joking, selling the bread 800g, at £5 each! I retreated!

Across the pelican lights and into the Wilko store. They had some of my favourite Citrus Fresh Air Sprays on sale at half-price. So I got two of them, along with a fragrance booster and a bottle of liquid soap flakes. These are great for when I have to soak any bloodied clothing, very effective.

Up to the bus stop and waited. Penny and Roy joined the queue.

Arriving at Chestnut Walk, I went into the Wardens Hut to see if either of them could help with phoning Footlady Sue. Two unknown to me ladies were at the desk chinwagging. I asked them if anyone was in. “No!” came the reply. So that was that another plan foiled! Haha!

Got in the flat. Did the Health Checks and took the medications.

I took the pork from the crock-pot, cut it up into small pieces and put it in a saucepan. Added sliced onions, fresh chopped tomatoes, large soaked and boiled white beans, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, distilled vinegar, tomato puree, basil and a pot of black bean sauce and gently simmered away for an hour or so. Got the thick triple-fried oven chips heating up.

A quick bash on Facebooking. Then WordPress Comments.

Time to get the fodder served up.

What a highly-palatable meal this was.

A deserved 9.45/10 rating for this effort.

Washed the pots and dishes up, then did the Health Checks and took the medications.

Changing into my night attire, I had a Dennis Dizzy spell at the exact time I didn’t need it. I was stood on one foot at the time, in the process of painfully extracting my left leg from the trousers. Ended up in what must have been a hilariously funny picture to behold. On my back after tumbling over, trousers half-on and half-off and legs up in the air, and I clouted the back of my head on the wall when I landed.  With blood trickling out from the Protection Pants. Even I had to smile to myself, partly because I had not seriously hurt myself, I expect. Tsk! Got the bleeding tended to, washed, got the new PPs on and jammies and returned to the kitchen, to get a mug of orange juice. Took some nits of the Lidl cheap chocolate bar with me.

Settled down in the £300 second-hand recliner and got the TV on. The Lidl chocolate bar lumps tasted horrible.

Fell asleep very quickly.

4 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Wednesday 7th February 2018: A Whoopsiedangleplop, busy, incident ridden day: But enjoyable at the same time. Is that an oxymoron?

  1. It’s probably better that nurse Nichole didn’t have to see you from that angle or after bottoming out on that procedure. The beans and fries look great.

Leave a Reply