Inchcock Today Monday 30th July 2018: Decent Monday


Monday 30 July 2018

F -Albanian

0335hrs: I’d only had a couple of hours sleep, yet I woke with a start – and instantly decided to get the laundry duties done immediately.

No waiting for the brain to engage with the limbs, no fretting about anything and no ailments playing up either! An esoterica moment for me, this was.

1Mon001Out of the £300 second-hand recliner with ease, and off for a wee-wee.

The passing was a painful short one that produced a much different coloured waste product.

Dressed and seemingly in an auto-daze, I’d collated the requirements for the washing and was out and going down in the lift to the 1Mon01laundry room.

When I arrived at the machines, there was Roy from the 14th floor, doing his washing.

The lad could not sleep either, so he too decided his laundry should be done. This meant I could not get a washer to use. So, we had a laugh twixt us, and I gave up and returned to the flat.

Another wee-wee, then got the Health Checks done.


1Mon02The resulting figures looked alright to me.

Took the medications and then updated the weekly Excel record for last week and this morning.

I could hear the strong winds outside blowing. No raining, but the skyline looked a little bleak and dreary so we might get some later methinks.

1Mon01aHad yet another wee-wee. Mmm?

A little cooler temperature today, remaining in the Red zone, though. The humidity remains higher but within range.

I set about updating and finishing off the Sunday post. This took me about three hours or so. Then posted it off and began this diary page.

1Mon01bWent to make another brew of extra-strong English Breakfast tea.

Had one more wee-wee.

The winds seemed to be slackening off.

Looked at the WordPress comments and replied to it.

Then went on the WP reader page.

Ablutions tended too. No shaving cuts, stubbings of toes or other ailment harassments. This can’t last… can it? Hehe!

I washed the four emptied sauce bottles and put them in the bag to take down and drop off when I go out. Made up the black bag to go as well.

Had a final wee-wee, made sure I’d got my list of four things I need to buy put in my jacket pocket. Then set out. Went to the rubbish chute and put the black bag down.

WDPBL Went back into the flat to collect my hearing aids. Nebekh!

Out again and got down and out of the foyer, and placed the jars in recycling bin.

Still no rain as such, but the weather kept threatening it.

As I looked up at the front of Woodthorpe Courts, it looked a right mess where the desperate for fresh air and a view of outdoors elderly tenants, had torn off the protective cellophane window coverings.

I am not one of these tenants. Smug Mode-Adopted!


1Mon05Access to the old peoples wonderfully well looked after, bird poo covered, attractive and much loved sitting bench seat, was available today, I observed.

I had to go along the road and through between a van and car to get to it, mind.

But with the footpath currently still closed off and full of holes in the ground, open trenches and barriers, it was the only way to get to this Nottingham City Council street furniture on Chestnut Walk.

The woodworms, spiders, the rotting display of a pungent but colourful selection of putrid bird-poo and gnats decided me against even thinking of sitting on it. Haha!

I pressed on, meeting Doreen and we chatted as we made our way to the Nottingham City Homes, Winwood Heights, Unterscharführeress Wardens Temporary HQ, Willmott-Dixon workers breakfast and tea-break room, Sarcasm & Insult distribution area, Tenants Socialisation Shed, Telling Inchcock off Zone, Things like crockery and pottery to be stolen from, and somewhere to rest while waiting for the bus, shed.

There were a few tenants inside, including May, Pete and Roy. A nice nattering session was had. We joined the other residents out at the bus stop.

1Mon06The was soon full of festive fun-loving folks. Who all got off at Sherwood

This left me was the only passenger on the vehicle. But it soon filled up again en route to Arnold.

Where I alighted and went straight to the Asda (Walmart) shop.

I rushed around searching for my selected products. But finding the Hoisin Sauce and the BBQ Rice Crackers took me far too long. I feared I would miss the L9 bus back to the flats. Then the checkouts all had long queues, so I went to the self-serve area. Where I had difficulties in working out why it kept telling I had not placed a pack of the seasoned potatoes in the bagging area. Yey, the light above remained on a green? I really didn’t want to waste time by disturbing the three members of staff having a chat right next to me.

Somehow I got it all done and rushed as fast as I could out to the bus stop. There was the L9 at the shelter.

WDPBL I put myself through a real pain barrier (The poor old plates-of-meat were giving me agony!) to get there before it drove away. I got to about four feet away from the door, and the driver pulled off! The tachat!

I walked, well, limped to a High Street request stop and caught the first bus that would drop me off on Mansfield Road in Sherwood. I wasn’t long coming, and because the L9 takes a more circulative route, I got to Sherwood in time to catch the L9 that I had missed in Arnold. Can’t simple life be messy? Haha!

1Mon07Got on the L9, which had many other residents on board, and up to the flats.

I managed to take this photograph on the right as the bus turned off of Winchester Road into Chestnut Walk and the Winwood complex.

The weather had suddenly changed, the sunshine gone, hidden in the dark clouds 1Mon07bamassing.

Woodthorpe Court was beginning to look a bit more like it should, by the time all the jobs get done.

How many of us old uns will live long enough to see this miracle mature, is not sure yet, of course! Hehe!

1Mon07cWhen the traffic got thinner on the ground, we passengers and tenants were allowed to walk down the middle of the road, back to Woodthorpe Court.

As you can see, the other people again left me in their wake as they sped off away from me to get home.

1Mon07dMany of them were older than I am. But I could not keep up with the clan. Shame innit!

I gave up chasing after them and took these photographs.

A dodgy path to have to walk today. Building material, delivery lorries and vans, parked cars and loads of holes and trenches to be aware of and get through.

I imagine that just like me, the need for a wee-wee had been spurring them on, perhaps? Hahaha!

The had all gone up when I arrived at the foyer. Up in the lift back to the number 72, and had a wee-wee.

Got the fodder put away. I’d not bought much today. BBQ rice cakes, Scottish Shorties biscuits, Asda BBW cooking sauce, Hoisin sauce and seasoned potato slices for tomorrows dinner.

Did the Health Checks and the medicationing was done.

Started to update this post.

Got the peas podded and in the pan.

Went on the TFZer Facebook to add today’s photographs.

Then I had to get on with creating some more diary-top graphics on CorelDraw and PhotoPaint. All I did was select some graphic ideas to use later, tiredness looming again. Tsk!

1Mon23Nosh served up.

I’m afraid the pod peas had to be thrown away. They have changed to different colours, and I had green, grey and brown ones in the saucepan. No idea what went wrong, perhaps they were late season peas, or had I put something in the pan without realising? Urgh!

The beef pasties, cheesy potato mash and tomatoes were okay.

I was accompanied by Herbert above clattering and banging while I tried to watch some TV programme.

I managed to nod-off and slept through to 0330hrs.

Leave a Reply