Inchcock – Thur 22 Nov 2018: Hectic eventful day again. Laundry done. Food deliveries. FootLady Sue arrived late. Started frustratingly messy, but got a lot betterer – Chinwags enjoyed!


Thursday 22nd November 2018

Thursday 22nd November 2018

0030hrs: Woke up, recalling a lot of the non-fictitious-like dream, I’d been having seconds earlier it seemed to me. Odd little teaser of a fantasy it was. I was living in a single room, it appeared to have elements of many of the places I have lived in and worked at, but kept changing appearance and furniture, colours etc. all the time. The thing was, I could not find a door, to get out through? Any amateur dream interpreters who can help me? Not that it matters really, cause it wasn’t a frightening or worrying nightmare for once. I seemed to be content with the situation (in the dream).

I removed my ghastly overweight, short, stubby but wobble-bellied decaying body from the £300 second-hand recliner without any accifauxpas. Off to the kitchen to take the medications and do the Health Checks.

WD 29.29.255 I got out the weekly dosage pots from the drawer, and dang-me, I’d missed taking yesterday mornings and last nights medications! Grumph! What a Yold! I imagine that this was due to all of Wednesday’s Whoopsiedangleplops and Accifauxpas? I took this morning’s and had a stern word or two with myself about being a right pillock-brain again!

Tended to the Health Checks


4Thu001aThe results, all sadly apart from the weight, were within the required range I think. I suspect that the scales are playing up or broken. Hehehe!

I made a brew of Assam tea in the small China mug. I do live well, don’t I?

The hemadynamometer, by the way, worked first try.

WD 29.29.255 I received an out of the blue message from my innards for me to visit the Porcelain Throne with sudden urgency. I got there in plenty of time, but, there no need to rush this morning. The evacuation was a solid, painful, laborious affair. I got through several pages of the Jeremy Clarkson Biography book before the action was finished! It was the complete opposite of the last four-days visits. At least there was not much cleaning up to do afterwards for once, Hehe!

4Thu01Got the computer going, and checked the Goodge Calendar first job.

Oh dear, a busy day dawning I see!

Hope FootLady Sue is not late. I pray that things work out alright, and I am forced into missing my Winwood Social Hour meeting.

4Thu03I took a photograph of the moon, using the night scene option, it took 30 seconds to record the picture. The white scar mark to the left as you look at the moon was an airliner, but think I didn’t hold the camera steady enough and it came out like a scratch in the sky. Tsk!

I got on with finishing off the Wednesday blog and got it posted off. Then went on WordPress Reader and looked at comments and replied.

Made a start on this post.

4Thu03aI’d better get the ablutions done early today before the deliveries arrive.

WD 29.29.255 I spotted some EIBWBBBs (Evil ironclad Boll-Weevil black biting beetles) in the waste bin in the wet room. Dead ones. 

After doing the ablutions, this encouraged me to carry out an EIBWBBBs Search & Destroy Mission. Two in the spare room and four in the kitchen, all small ones and deceased.

4Thu04I sprayed all around with the ‘Raid Bug Killer’ with a cough-inducing guarantee. Hehe!

Found this note that had been put through the door yesterday.

Back on the computer, working on creating some page top graphics, while I awaited the arrival of the Iceland Delivery… No, Sorry, the Morrison Delivery.

4Thu050610hrs: The Morrison delivery arrived.

Only a small order today, but it cost more than the usual one because I bought some treats for folks for Christmas.

I treated myself to a Lamb Leg Steak. A tiny one that cost £3.19 – which is £14.00 a kg! I just hope I don’t make a faux pas cooking it. Haha!

4Thu02I put the bits away and restocked the Social Hour nibble bag.

To the wet room for an SSWW.

WD 29.29.255 More EIBWBBBs found, all deceased. Had another squirt around with some Sanmex Bug Killer and coughed up some more of my lungs. Tsk!

4Thu06Made a brew, noticing how the mist had descended.

Back on the computer to catch-up with the TFZer Facebooking for a while, waiting for the Iceland delivery to arrive.

While moving some stuff about, I came across a letter from the landlord, Nottingham City Homes. It is an eight-4Thu06apage double-sided questionnaire!

It gave an internet address where I could fill it in on there to save all the writing, so I keyed in the given wording on Google.

But, I was informed that the address does not exist?

4Thu07With all due care I could muster, I made sure that the two addresses were the same.

Still, it came up with no match to any documents?

Frustrated, I was concerned that another day like yesterday might be coming. So I considering suicide methods. Only joking!

WD 29.29.255 The door chime rang out, I thought it was FootLady Sue, but no, it was Obersturmführeress Warden Julie. She’d come to test the alarms. I asked her if she would ring Sue for me, as it was now 0955hrs. She said she would bless her cotton socks, and got out her phone and asked me for the number – just as the intercom chirped into life, it was Sue arriving for her 0930hrs appointment. Deana departed, and Sue came in. Did the feet, we had a natter, I paid her, and off she went too. I walked down to her car with her, which meant a bit of a rush to get things ready. I ended up going out without the hearing aids, in the wrong glasses and full of self-angst!

Got in the Nottingham City Homes, Winwood Heights, Hauptbereitschaftsleiteress Wardens Temporary HQ. Sarcasm & Insult distribution area. Tenants Socialisationistical Meeting Shed. Telling Inchcock off Zone. Where things like crockery and pottery get stolen from, and somewhere to rest while waiting for the bus, Portakabin. I was greeted with cheers!

WD 29.29.255 I was too late for the raffle. But got the nibbles and pressies handed out, and was having some good chinwags, when the place got severe. I’m afraid, as Jenny started to address us all, about twenty-two of us were in there, giving a talk, I could not hear anything she was saying without the hearing aids in. I moved closer and stood behind her, but still only picked up the odd word or two. But it would have been rude of me to leave, so I waited until whatever was being discussed was finished.

4Thu09Then made my way back to the flats and the wet room for an SSWW.

En route, I took this photographicalisation of the Winwood Heights Complex.

It was drizzling with cold rain, overcast and a little gloomy.

4Thu11I caught Willmott-Dixons Plonk-Brewer and Plant Perambulator Paulius on his tractor come fork-lift near the centre Extra Care Flats compound. Right

And below, Innocent Claiming Ian Incharge, giving the thumbs-up.

4Thu10.A decent couple of lads.

I can doctor these pictures up on CorelDraw for a bit of fun later when I get the time.

I got back to the flat and the much-needed SSWW (Short-Sharp-Wee wee).

I got the laundry down as fast as I could because all the machines were empty! Took some black bags to the waste chute on the way down to the washer, got it going, and back up to update this blog.

4Thu12Down to move the stuff into the dryer, taking a recycling bag down with me.

Gaynor, Mo and Mary were in the lobby having a sit-down and gossiping session. I joined in. Well, I am fond of a good natter!

Back up to the flat and set the timer and continued doing this post until the alarm rang.

Then down to collect the laundry. Gaynor and Mo still chinwagging. Handed ’em a nibble each. Lovely gals. Moved the washing to the dryer, and yet again back up to the flat. Has as SSWW, and continued doing this diary until it was time to return down to the tenant’s laundry room. 

4Thu13Removed and folded my washing, cleaned the drum and filter, passed wind and returned up to the apartment.

On the way up on the lift, I decided to go out on the bus to Aldi to get some potatoes and replacement nibbles for the Social Hour box.

Late for me to go out, I know. I think the terrible, messy start to the day, and now things coming together and having enjoyed a few chinwags, my spirits had improved and with it, my determination and will-power. Klutz!

I got to the bus stop, no one else there when I arrived. A chap joined me later. The guy told me that this bus was 20 minutes late yesterday when he caught it. Not good news, as it was getting cold and a little misty out there. Well, it was 22 minutes late today. The bloke had given up and gone back to his flat by then.

WD 29.29.255 When I got on, I said to the driver; “Busy traffic in Arnold again?” He adopted a sneer that would put Sylvester Stallone’s sneeriest sneer, to shame and he forced an almost growling “No!” in reply. At this stage, I thought it wise for me say nowt else, and get myself seated. My EQ told me the lad was under pressure.

WD 29.29.255 I got to the Aldi store, and as I crossed the pedestrian crossing to the doors, a car coming in seemed not to notice me until the last moment and had to jam his anchors on to avoid hitting me. Tsk!

I had a good wander around the shop and selected some items more than the bag of potatoes I had gone for initially. Tsk! I paid the patient gentleman on the checkout and with a heavy bag of fodder, thanked him and departed. With, two small bags of potatoes, a pack of ham trimmings, one of German smoked ham, extra mature cheddar cheese, yellow tomatoes, two bottles of spring water and a variety of nibble-box top-ups; jelly babies, spirals, chocolate wafers, nut bars and caramel wafers.

4Thu13aaHobbled along Woodborough Road and right down Mapperley Rise.

As I got to the junction with Park View, I got the camera out of my pocket to take these photographicalisations.

Each one zoomed in a little more than the previous one.

I did this so I could show the top of a Winwood Heights block of apartments, that I could see above and behind one of the house chimneys.

It indicated how the mist was falling now, and the flats were hardly noticeable in any of the distance shots.

Them being painted a light grey on that side of the building is perfect camouflage in the fog. Good job it is not on any aeroplane flight route. Hehehe!

I assumed it would be Winchester Court, that being the nearest one as the crow flies.

I noticed that the house had been fitted with Solar panels. I must ask someone in the know, how this works in practicality. Does the electricity produced save much on costs for the tenant? How is the working-out of the price and level produced? And, how long will that black brick with all the mortar around it last before it falls out? Haha!

I limped on, stopping now and then take a break from carrying the weighty bag.

4Thu14At the junction of Winchester Street. Sherwood Rise and Chestnut Walk, a Nottingham City Homes van came out, as I was taking a rest break.

I have to say, that the feet were a lot better now that FootLady Sue had done them. And the other ailments apart from Back-Pain-Brenda were agreeable to me. Things had gone from terrible to delightful suddenly, well, it felt like 4Thu15that to me.

But, of course, things can change!

As I got down Chestnut Walk, I took this photograph of the workers. It looked to me, like they were covering the electricity cable they buried earlier. And, I reckon, they were making way for the new bus turn-around island that will be located outside the new Extra Care and  Generalfeldmarschalless Warden’s block eventually.

Things are beginning to take shape now.

I got in the apartment and put away the purchasers. Then I emptied the laundry bag I’d left with the clothes in the hallway earlier when I made the sudden decision to go to Aldi. Refilled the cleaning pots ready for the next wash.

I got the nosh prepared.

4Thu16I got some McCains chips in the oven and made up some buttered wholemeal flatbread sandwiches with the ham off-cuts.

I decorated the plate with red, yellow and orange tomatoes, gherkins, dried roast onions, chestnuts, extra-strong cheddar cheese and shredded beetroot. Added the chips when they were finished cooking, and a half-filled bottle of orange juice.

I got this gobbled-up (Nearly all of it anyway!) Giving it a flavour rating of 9/10.

Washed the pots, had an SSWW, did the Health Checks, took the medications and got onto the £300 second-hand recliner to watch some TV and nibble an orange iced-sucker.

WD 29.29.255 I fell off to sleep quickly tonight. So fast, that when I woke up an hour or so later, I found a sticky-gooey mess that had once been an orange sucker, gelled to chest hairs as it melted while I slept, forming a lake of fruit stuck and partially dried in the dip formed by my bulbous belly and welded to the hairs! I had to laugh as I cleaned it up! An interested after-fact about this here… I have yet to find the wooden handle from the ice-lolly? Don’t know whether to be worried or not? Hahaha!

3 thoughts on “Inchcock – Thur 22 Nov 2018: Hectic eventful day again. Laundry done. Food deliveries. FootLady Sue arrived late. Started frustratingly messy, but got a lot betterer – Chinwags enjoyed!

  1. A busy day for sure. It’s good you got your feet done, but too bad you forgot to wear your hearing aids. Nice zoom series on the chimney; although I think the silver panels are new corrugated roof panels. If they are solar panels, I’m with you that they have a new solar technology happening there. That’s a right nice looking dinner.

Leave a Reply