Inchcock Today Thursday 19th October 2017: Winwood Residents Social Hour Today: Missing bus kept me indoors! Dentist – Warfarin complication Farce continues…Grumph!

Thursday 19th October 2017

Armenian: Ուրբաթ 19 Հոկտեմբեր 2017

0150hrs: Woke feeling a lot better than last night. Even the brain engaged within seconds, I told myself to get the laundry room duties done first thing.

The Porcelain Throne beckoned me at that time, and off I stumbled, out of the £300 second-hand recliner chair, a wibbly-wobbly walk that annoyed Hilda Hips a bit and off to the wet room. I spent a while digesting the writings of the Leningrad book, while the painful evacuation session decided if it was to be a success or a mid-way blockage! The raw pain accompanying the movement made me think that perhaps a submarine torpedo was on its way out! Cor Blimey, what a gut-wrenching, excruciating haemorrhoid tearing session that was! Surprisingly, there was minimal bleeding, though.

I put the empty sauce bottles on top of the washing bag and went to set off down to the Laundry Room.

The INR DVT results had been delivered, must have arrived yesterday while I was incapacitated with depression and the Dennis Dizzies. Too late for me to have got to the dentist to beg an appointment, but it was also low a result anyway. The Sherrington Medical Practise have failed again to Email me with the results and readings. So, too late now to get in I think, so I’ll go to the City Hospital Haematology for the test next week. I’m getting fed-up to the back teeth (Pun intended) with trying to get my toothache seen to. It must be five or six weeks now. I might have stood a chance if the reading was correct within range and the receptionists at the surgery had informed me in time… and the dentist could fit me in. No one seems interested at the doctors nowadays.  I had to stop myself thinking of this problem, it’s doing my health no benefit at all.

0245hrs: In the lift number one, and noticed that the new Wachelino Alien Blob had spread out a bit.

I think this one might have come from a different planet than the first one, cause she is definitely developing differently to the first one. Hehe!

Got the washing into the machine and nipped outside in the misty morning darkness.

The leviathan-sized advertising boards were showing what the new build will eventually look like shone out in the light from the foyer doors. Enough to allow me to take a decentish photograph of it on my way to the recycling bin. I noticed that someone had already added some graffiti to it. Huh!

I added my two empty sauce bottles to the Scottish Whisky, Irish Whiskey, London Gin, Brandy, Champagne, Wine, Tequila, Vodka, even an Absynthe one and other various alcoholic concoctions the residents had put there earlier.

0305hrs: Back up to the mini-apartment. Did the Health Checks and took the medications. I think the low Sys and Dia is a good thing? Sys 138 Dia 73 Pulse 76 Temp 33.7c.

Sorted out the photographs and made a start on this diary.

0349hrs: Down and moved the gear from the washer to dryer. I wondered if whoever left the bedhead in the lift area are aware of the Nottingham City Homes letters of warning we have all received?

Sadly, another of us old folk have gone again. A lady tenant from Winchester Court. I did not recognise the name but bet I knew her to speak to. This lowered my spirits just a bit for a few moments. I know it can’t be avoided or helped.

Saw the list for the nosh in Arnold that Jenny arranges for us. With the dentist/Warfarin level farce, I daren’t add my name until I know the teeth have been sorted. Then again, the way that things are going, I’ll never get the teeth done. Hehe!

Back up the lift and made another brew of tea.

Opened the window and took this photo of the characteristical winter weather. The eerie light mists. There seemed a deceptive warmth in the atmosphere. (Is that the right word?)

Updated this diary again.

0344hrs: Down to collect the washing and clean up the laundry room. Wiped the surfaces, cleaned the filters and folded the clothes and into the bag.

I did wonder who’d left the lollipop there, on the window ledge?

0415hrs: Up to the flat a last time from the washing room. Got the clothes stored away and refilled the washing bottles for next session.

Worked on this post up to here, then set about finalising yesterday’s diary.

Caught up with the Emails (None from the surgery, of course, Humph!)

Did some WordPress reading.

I thought it a good idea to soak some of the foul, bitter Lidl tomatoes in some fish sauce to marinate for later.

Now, I have two tips for anyone doing this:

  1.  Do not use White Wine Sauce in mistake for Fish Sauce.
  2. If you must cut your finger, try not to do it down the edge of your fingernail.

Nuff said! Tsk!

After the Tenants Social Hour, I intend to go to Arnold and get some milk, fish and if possible some more Ski Lemon Mousse. Then go to the Doctors Surgery to express my displeasure at being let-down by them again for their not getting the INR reading and next appointment sent to me, not just not in time for me to inform the dentist and try to get a booking with them, but not supplying either to me at all. Swines!

Ablutions tended to with a good long shower and scrub up, close-shave and medicationalisationing of the required areas of the overweight blobby body and Phorpained the joints. I was still feeling so much better than last night.

Set off to the Windwood Social Hour.

I managed to catch up and overtake the two gals in this picture on the left, Dooren and Mabel, and opened the door and held it that position for them to enter. Bill (William on Sundays) just entering the hut in the distance.

BJ had not attended, he was poorly. I’ll ring him later see if he’s alright.

I gave the new tomatoes to Jenny to use. Had a chinwag with her.

Handed out the nibbles on each table and managed to get some little nattering sessions in, that cheered me up a little. Bought two raffle ticket strips and gave one away to each table.

Had a peep out at the bus stop and the rain was pouring down.

I sat with Bill (William on Sunday’s), Snotty Nose and we were joined by 93-year-old Polish Eddy when he arrived, he was looking in good form today.

I said my farewells and left early in plenty of time to catch the L9 bus into Bestwood at the stop outside of the shed.

Ten or so other tenants joined me, and the City bound bus arrived. It departed just leaving two of us to catch the outward bound one, that was due at the same time of 1030hrs. We waited and waited and a chap from the Winchester Flats, the gambling addict, nice chap, joined us. At 1045hrs, still no bus, they both started to walk down the hill leaving me all alone under my umbrella fruitlessly waiting for the bus that never arrived.

Despondent now, and with wet trouser legs, I hobbled back to the apartment, getting wetter by the minute. Humph and Gumph!

So, downhearted, downcast, depressed, unhappy, miserable, sorrowful, dejected, dispirited, discouraged, despondent, dismayed and crestfallen. Chagrined, disenchanted, disillusioned, pissed-off, displeased. Discontented, dissatisfied, frustrated, shirty, disgruntled, miffed. Luckless, suicidal tendencies lingering, hapless, ill-starred, ill-fated, irritated, gutted, narked, as sick as a parrot, vexed, close to nocent, frustrated and cold and wet, there will be no doctors visitation for me today – again, through no fault of my own! Grrr! So, a marathon walk to the City Hospital for my blood test next Tuesday, or, two buses either way to the QMC. And I have the Nottingham City Homes man, Ryan calling to see me in the afternoon about the strobe alarm. Tsk!

Got back to the flat and got the umbrella drying, took the wet trousers off and a wee-wee that I thought would never end?

Got the computer on. A weather warning for Nottingham on the BBC site. 0700hrs to 2200hrs, fog and rain!

Made a small brew of tea and got updating this diary.

Got the chips in the oven and added the beef patsies after 12 minutes, in the hope that they would both be ready at the same time. Set the timer for another 20 minutes and carried on with the updating, to here.

Checked   Facebook.

The innards have begun to rumble and grumble again now, I’ve been free of this ailment for weeks gone. But it’s back. Tsk!

Got the meal sorted.

Got the chips done a lot softer today, so they were not so painful for the poor teeth to masticate.

Fell asleep for an hour or so, that was nice.

Went to do the Health Checks, take the medications and get the pots in the bowl to 04Thur21soak.

My, how the weather had altered in such a short time, back to the rain now, the fog departing, just a bit of mist in the distance left, now.

I settled to read the Lenigrad book, resuming on page 67. I can’t recall getting any further, still open at the same page when I woke up.

Evening all.

6 thoughts on “Inchcock Today Thursday 19th October 2017: Winwood Residents Social Hour Today: Missing bus kept me indoors! Dentist – Warfarin complication Farce continues…Grumph!

  1. I recall the time I ordered a small steak with steamed veggies, with a strawberry-topped cheesecake for dessert. When the steak arrive, there was a small container with steak-sauce looking contents. I promptly topped the steak…with strawberry sauce meant for the cheesecake. I worked through it, thinking it an odd sauce. (There were no recognizable strawberries….) When I got to the cheesecake, I realized my error. That was the nastiest steak I every ate! I feel you pain over the mistake and the Lidl tomatoes!

    • Well, your steak whoopsiedangleplop made me smile, Doug. Sorry, I couldn’t stop myself. Hehe!
      I can understand how you felt, though.
      Hope you and the lads are keeping well.
      I’m having some crock-pot cooked belly pork today (Saturday today). It was nice and soft how I did them last time, so should be easy on the poor teeth. I’ve forgotten what I seasoned them with now, Tsk!
      Take care Sir. TTFN

  2. Greetings from Tucson, Arizona. The photo “of the characteristical winter weather” is fantastic. Very surreal. You don’t get along particularly well with knives. I remember one time I sliced a good chunk of my finger off along the nail cutting a mat for a photo. It was a large enough piece of my finger that I went to the emergency room and they sewed it back on. I can barely see the scar now 40 years later. All the misty, rainy Nottingham scape photos are great. Happy to hear you could eat your dinner without too much pain.

    • Top of the day to you, Laurie and the furries, from a rainy Sherwood, Sir.
      So glad you liked the photos, thanks.
      Odd about your escapade with the finger, I had a similar one in 1954. The hospital sewed it back on, the thumb it was, down to the knuckle. I can still see the scars on mine. For some reason when the hail grew back it was double thickness? Helped me open a few packets and remove stamps, glue etc over the years. Haha!
      When it is cold, the whole thumb turns blue sometimes, and it gets folk to talk to me.
      Take care.

Leave a Reply