Inchcock – Monday 1st October 2018: Life’s ackamarackus pondered over – Boll Weevils counter attack – Mini-Marathon – Nottingham Pavement Cyclist galore!


Monday 1st October 2018

Sudanese: Senén 1st Oktober 2018

1155hrs: WDPBL02b I sprang awake this morning (Well, evening, Haha!) rather than just woke up. Mentally that is, not physically. Although a hint of melancholia was in there somewhere. How life’s ackamarackus, failures and trials had got me to this stage, this age, if you like, led the brain on a sinuous thought and time-travelling meandering session, that only led me to further unnerving psychogenic discomforture. No resolutions or understandings were gleaned, of course. The more the mind pondered, the more scepticism and disorientation I felt.

WDPBL02b Then, by good fortune, I knocked over the bottle of clementine juice from the Ottoman, as I began to raise my over-abundant torso from the £300 second-hand recliner. Thus, freeing my mind of the throng, the myriad of deep thoughts. The bottle rolled along the carpet and knocked over the hand-hoover and its charging base. Back to reality! Thank heavens the cap was still screwed shut on the bottle!

As I escaped the recliner and started to sort out the mess I’d made, another bit of good news was identified – there were no signs of any nocturnal nibbling anywhere in the room.

I made my way for a short-sharp-stinging wee-wee. Washed the hands and noticed several dead, asylum seeking, immigrant bloodsucking Evil ironclad Boll-Weevil black beetles bodies on the wet room floor. So I sprayed some more of the ‘Raid’ bug killer around.

WDPBL02b Then, I needed another short-sharp-stinging wee-wee. Oh, dear!

To the kitchen and got the Health Check things ready. But this task had a wait, for the morning call to the Porcelain Throne arrived. Not such a messy affair this morning.

Completed the Health Checks and made up last weeks record.


The weight was up again last week and this morning for that matter. Grumph!

I made a pungent brew of Assam tea, took the medications and got the computer going. The internet was not too slow this morning.

Got on with completing the Sunday Post and got it sent off to WordPress. I went on the WP Reader for a while.

Then made a start on this blog.

001On to the TFZer Facebook, to post some photographs and peruse the page.

On to CorelDrawing.

Made a graphic of Willmott Dixon’s Incharge Ian for a bit of fun. Hope he gets a laugh and likes it. 

Ablutions all done, and I set out on a Marathonish mini-hobble to Arnold.


Limping up the newly sanded old gravel hill to Woodthorpe Grange Park, my poor beloved Tree-Copse was looking very sad and dilapidated, neglected and untended.

But, a few of the canines were taking their owners on the field for a game of ‘fetch the ball’ Haha!

The trip had more Pavement Cyclist incidents than ever before. I’ve collated them here for you to see the naughty Nottingham Pavement Cyclists. There were many more that I could not get to photograph in time, too!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

WDPBL02b I wouldn’t mind if the cyclists were aware of elderly, sight and hearing impaired people. They come too close and make folks jump. None of them seems to have a bell or horn either. Never mind, live and let live without fear… which I wish they would let others do!

A bit of a nip was in the air this morning.

I plodded on and arrived in Daybrook, and into the Arnot Hill Park to the duck pond.


1Mon07bNot a single pigeon there this morning. Perhaps the   Columbidae Columbiformes Columbimorphae Aves are late risers?

After having a chinwag with the birds, (They didn’t answer me, not one the even quake at me?)

I left via the top gate, taking this photo as I did so.

1Mon07cCaught the cold sun glinting against the water.

I pressed on.

When I arrived in Arnold, the rush hour traffic was starting to build up a bit.

It goes to show how quickly it gets lighter in a morning now, most of the vehicles still had their lights on.

1Mon08WDPBL02b What a shame, there were three more retail shops closed down now from last weeks visit.

Sadly, the gents clothiers I often but from, Greenwoods, was one of them.

No more bargain-priced clothing for me then, Humph!

I called in the Fulton Foods shop. I got a pack of six mini bags of Pork Scratchings. (one for me to try, and five to go in the Social Hour nibble box). And some just out of date Golden Wonder Chippie Curry flavoured chipsticks.

Then hobbled (Feet now beginning to sting) to the Asda Walmart store and had a good wander around. I bought a bit of stuff, well, a lot of things. I found they were selling some Cheese Thins Biscuits with pickle flavour and could not resist trying some. Rice cakes BBQ and Salt & Vinegar flavours. Nibbles for the box, potatoes, green beans, bitter lemon and orange yoghourt and a sliced cob of Coburg bread (Never seen these before) A bit risky trying the Asda bakery made bread, their sourdough and bloomer loaves I found to be both tasteless.

WDPBL02b I used the self-serve check-outs. I had to get assistance three times! The first time, on the first swipe, I had to wait eight minutes, (Yes, I had my new second-hand £2 wristwatch on, Haha!) and then had to signal to the assistant-lady to point out the flashing red light above the machine. I did feel a fool, I’d put the basket of shopping on the wrong side of the till! Klutz! I have no idea what went wrong on the other two occasions. But I got a look from the woman that said “Oh, the old fool!” both times. Hehe!

WDPBL02b I paid and went to the photo booth thingy. Got the SD card in, was picking out those I wanted to print, and the machine told me it needed a service and was unavailable. Tsk!

1Mon09Out with the two bags of shopping, to catch the L9 bus back to the flats.

The Daybrook Church looked nice against the blue skies background as we passed it on the bus.

When we got to Sherwood, a neighbour, Brian or Bert, I think got on. He gave me a nod in response to my cheery “Hello, you alright, mate?” as he passed by to get seated.

I was well tired out, and in urgent need of a wee-wee by the time we arrived back on Chestnut Way, at the complex.

Got in and had another short-sharp-wee-wee.

1Mon10Set about getting the meal ready.

Put some seasoned sliced potatoes in the oven, and made some buttered Coburg bread sandwiches with slices of pork knuckle and herbs. On the plate with the spuds, tomatoes, sliced apple, a few BBQ flavoured pork scratchings.

I have to say, the Asda (Walmart) Coburg bread, was delicious! As was the Lurpak soft spreadable butter and pork knuckle within it! A definitely worthy 9.45/10 for Flavour-Rating for this effort!

As I went to the kitchen to wash the things up, I spotted:

1Mon12WDPBL02b This time the immigrant bloodsucking evil ironclad Boll-Weevil black beetles bodies were of a more mature kind, bigger! Most of them were dead, but a few somewhat even larger ones were still alive, and they very quickly shot off, to where, I don’t know where!

I then declared war on the beasts who attacked my apartment from the holes and cracks left from the plastering of the surrounding walls of the new windows. Unequivocally, a casus belli situation now!

I finished of three part-used cans of the Raid and Rentokil bug killer can, in all the infested rooms, which meant of course all of the rooms!

1Mon13I got myself down to watch some TV. Why do I bother trying?

The nodding offs began almost immediately.

Then a longer one of about an hour.

More nod-offs varying between two and ten-minutes duration.

Then another one of about two hours. I woke, still feeling so tired, and went off for a short-sharp-wee-wee.

Had a drink of orange juice and drifted off again.

Woke at 0015hrs, and decided to get up. Tsk!




Leave a Reply