Inchcock – Monday 15th October 2018: Weevil infestation continues, Marathon Hobble in the rain and the fungal lesion bleeds on. Normal day then! Hehe!


Monday 15th October 2018

Greek: Δευτέρα 15 Οκτωβρίου 2018

0000hrs: As I stirred into physical awareness, and waited for the brain to join me, I found the murkiness, opaqueness and mental incapacity of yesterday morning, was nowhere near so bad. In fact, thoughts, ideas, schemes and plans were starting to form in the grey-cells… but these were not utilised, due to the often vagarious, and regularly touch-and-go, summoning to the Porcelain Throne needing an urgent and rapid response.

As I hurriedly hoisted and cajoled the body mass out of the £300 second-hand recliner, I did notice the absence of any signs of nocturnal nibbling; and this pleased me greatly!

The evacuation was swift and of little substance. A little bleeding from Harold’s Haemorrhoids, but nothing worryable. Little Inchies fungal lesion had been phlebotomising a little more than I felt comfortable with. Changed the PPs and washed the dandies. Medicated both areas with their respective creams (Daktacort and Germoloid).

1Mon01Then off on an Evil ironclad Boll-Weevil black beetles and biting black LadyBug patrol of each room in the apartment.

WD51.51.0 deepOlive The wet room had three live weevils and eighteen dead ones. Sprayed some more ‘bank-manager annoying’ Rentokil spray.

WD51.51.0 deepOlive The spare room produced around twenty-five dead weevils, and four live ones. (I hope they are not getting accustomed and resistant to the sprays?). Sprayed some more ‘bank-manager annoying’ Rentokil spray.

WD51.51.0 deepOlive The kitchen had eight dead weevils, two live ones and three black biting Ladybugs.

WD51.51.0 deepOlive The bugs were caught and released out of the window, only for two more to come in through the opening at the same time! Oy Vey! I couldn’t see where they went. Tsk! Sprayed some more ‘bank-manager annoying’ Rentokil spray.

Tended to the medication taking and Health Checks. Made up last weeks graph.


WD51.51.0 deepOlive As I put the kettle on, I had to hobble hurridly back to the Porcelain Throne. The evacuated contents of a badious shade were not bothering me, but the bleeding is coming from Harolds Haemorrhoids had to be tended to again. What with the costly bug sprays, the haemorrhoid creams and I could soon be bankrupt! Hehe!

Did the Sunday Diary updating, and got it posted off to WordPress.


Went to make a brew of tea.

Found this black LadyBug on the counter, the poor thing seemed in pain, at first I thought she might be giving birth, so I observed her.

I hoped she had not been on the floor where the bug spray had been sprayed. Next moment, she flew off into the hallway, never to be seen again. At least she or he wasn’t injured.

1Mon01aaWD51.51.0 deepOlive Began on this post next. I thought I heard a noise from somewhere, so went a look around to see if I could find anything that might have fallen over or off of anything, in the spare room, which is where I thought the noise may have emanated from. I found nothing suspicious.

As I looked down through the unwanted light and view-limiting new window, I could see what looked like a ghost coming from the trees down at the car garages. (It was, in fact, a rain puddle from yesterday, Hehe!

1Mon05aI then took this shot from the same unwanted light and view-limiting new window from a different angle.

It shows Nottingham’s Northern Lights in the distance. Hehe! And the garage area below.

I checked on Google to see if any precipitation was forecast for today – Oh, dear!


Went on WordPress Reader for a while, and then added photographs to the Facebook albums.

Off for a short, sharp wee-wee. I mention this as I had failed to reveal the eight earlier visits so far this morning. Humph, Hehe!

Had a go at updating the personal Dictionary on Excel that mysteriously disappeared!

WD51.51.0 deepOlive Well, blow me down with a feather duster! Back for a third trip to the Porcelain Throne! Getting painful now. Tsk!

Updated this blog.

Ablutions and more medicalisationing tended to.

I put two bob-caps in the sink to clean and soak with the last of the liquid soapflakes.

Two bags to the waste chute on the way out. Where I met Elizabeth from the court and we had a natter, and a laugh then had to speed off to catch the 40 bus to town.

1Mon07Walk in the rain along Chestnut Walk on my marathon hobble to the City Centre.

You can see Elizabeth walking ahead to her bus stop, as she passes the white Nottingham City Homes, Winwood Flats, Oberstgruppenführer Wardens Temporary HQ, Willmott-Dixon workers breakfast and tea-break room, Sarcasm & Insult distribution area, Tenants Socialisation Shed, Telling Inchcock off Zone, Things like crockery and pottery to be stolen from, and residents room.

1Mon07aI was in no rush, and took my time, enjoying the surroundings, the wind and even the rain. I did wonder at the time if I was losing it (the plot), Hehe!

Turned down Winchester Street, and found Elizabeth still at the bus stop awaiting the arrival of her lift. I enjoyed another minute or so of nattering, (she thought I was bonkers walking to town, Haha!) Then I hobbled down the 1Mon07bhill onto Mansfield Road own.

The feet started stinging already. But I was content and was actually savouring the rain-soaked trek.

As I got to top of the first hill, the traffic was starting to form an orderly queue. Hehe!

1Mon15Over the top and down into Carrington.

WD51.51.0 deepOlive Where on my steady limp through the hamlet, I had five Nottinghamian Pavement Cyclists pass by me, uncomfortably close as well!

I was only quick enough to photograph three of them, though.

At the traffic light junction with Hucknall Road, I was well-pleased with the resulting photograph of the Nottinghamian Pavement Cyclist with the yellow and green backpack, who had lights on his bike.

No honestly, take a look! Hahaha!

It was the moodiness of the traffic with their lights and the rain reflections that satisfied me the most.

I strolled along to the Forest and up the next, ultimate hill. Passing the Rock Cemetary on the other side of the road, up to the traffic lights.

Crossed and was on a downward slope all the way into the City Centre.

WD51.51.0 deepOlive Where I suffered the one and only spraying of water from a puddle, as a bus drove through it! Soaked-through! Not likely I know, but I thought I heard laughter as it happened. Hehehe!

To the bottom of the hill and into the City Centre. Where, I cut through the Victoria Centre bus station, to escape the rain for a while. As I neared the entrance door, I thought at first that a bus must be on fire. Got closer and saw it was a bus driver having a ‘Vape’ outside. They seem to make more smoke in the rain? Anyway, she had an aniseed flavour one I reckon. It smelt nice.

Through the waiting platforms and into the shopping centre. Walked the length of it, then through the Boots store and put onto Upper Parliament Street, across the pedestrian crossing, and into the Wilko Store. Worked out well for me getting a chance to dry off a bit!

I consulted my soaked-through shopping list. I got a bottle of the liquid soap flakes alright, fragrance boost, and a packet of Dia-Limit capsules. Oh, and their last can of Rentokil spray on the shelf. Joined the queue and paid up. £12.80, flipping ‘eck!

1Mon14aOff and to the Poundland shop, only 25 yards away, so no getting wet much. Where I got some twin Peaks for Christmas handouts, and an oven glove. But I could not find any of the cans of either Raid or Sanex Bug Killer sprays. So, I went to the self-serve tills, (there was no choice, the manual ones were not open for business). I took care not to overcharge myself this time. What a Klutz I felt at the very memory of when I charge myself twice for a box of nibble biscuits!

I paid, and a lady in charge became free, a lovely gal, and asked her if they had any Sanex sprays. She kindly pointed out where they would be if they had any in stock. I walk out through the egress doors and back in through the entrance doors and walked to the spot the gal had pointed me in the direction of the location. Whoopie! They had some of the cheaper ones in stock. So I grabbed four cans of, what I now realise, were Sanmex brand. Back to the self-service till and the lady even helped me put them through, bless her cotton socks!

1Mon10I thanked her, and out along the road along Upper Parliament Street, to take a photograph of Clinton Street, cause I haven’t made one in a long time for the TFZer folk on Facebook.

The view looked interesting as I left the Poundland store, so I grabbed photograph that I thought represented Nottingham so well. Showing old and new buildings next to each other, the racial mix and varied ages of the 1Mon11citizenry, and, of course, the rain! Hahaha!

At the end of Clinton Street, I took this photographicalisation, that certainly looked different to all the others I’ve ever taken in the past! No crowds, shoplifters, pickpockets, beggars or gangs of yobboes! And two people who were in the shot, ran out of view when then they saw me taking aim with the camera. Most likely illegals or they had warrants out for them, or they were on the run from prison, who did not want their faces being recorded, I imagine! (Smirk and giggle!)

I made my way to Queen Street to catch the L9 bus back to the flats. I was feeling a bit fatigued now. When I arrived at the bus stop, I was so pleased to see my fellow resident, Elizabeth sat at the bus shelter.

We nattered away; I do love a good chinwag! I think I nodded off a few times when the bus got busier, and Lizzie and I could not talk to each other.

Back at the flat we both went into the Nottingham City Homes, Winwood Heights, Hauptbereitschaftsleiteress Wardens Temporary HQ, Willmott-Dixon workers breakfast and tea-break room, Sarcasm & Insult distribution area, Tenants Socialisation Shed, Telling Inchcock off Zone, Things like crockery and pottery to be stolen from, and somewhere to rest while waiting for the bus, shed. I handed few nibbles out to the only two other gals in there.

1Mon12Said my farewells and trotted, well, limped back to the apartment. Taking this picture above the foyer entrance to the Woodthorpe Court block.

Nobody about inside, which was not usual.

Up in the lift and into the flat. First thing, into the wet room for a short-sharp wee-wee. Naturally!

1Mon17I got the brolly up then, to dry-out near the door in the hallway. (Hallway I say, all 11 foot of it, Haha!).

Then got the wet clothes off as promptly as I could. While I thought of it, I took the bob-caps out of the sink and rinsed them, then rang them out as much as I could. Then set up clothes airer in the hope that this will hurry 1Mon16along the drying process.

Of course, I must remember to keep turning them over. He says, not exactly full of confidence. Tsk!

I imagine I’ll have to take them down and put them in the dryer later on?

I went on Facebook to update the photograph albums, then I got on the WordPress and updated this diary.

A decent marathon hobble.


The easy to prepare (part ready meal) was started in the oven. I had the Lasagne Al Forno, no idea what is in it cause the printing is too small on the sleeve, but I do remember having one once before and enjoying it. I put some grated cheddar cheese in another tray with it. Planning to have tomatoes with it.

1Mon20I did the Health Checks, and the nosh was ready to serve up.

Another shaky photograph was taken?

The Al Forno tasted overly rich to me, but I ate it all.

I put the plate and cutlery in the washing up bowl to soak and ensconced myself in the £300 second-hand recliner.

As I pondered on what to view on the TV, I fell asleep… Zzzz!

9 thoughts on “Inchcock – Monday 15th October 2018: Weevil infestation continues, Marathon Hobble in the rain and the fungal lesion bleeds on. Normal day then! Hehe!

  1. I’m impressed with your perigrinations! I’d end up waving at passing cars in the hope someone would stop and take pity on me, then take me where I was headed! Fortunately for me, my little VW Golf Sportwagen (sic) does a good job of getting me around, but I suppose a day will come when it or I poop out and I have to make alternative arrangements. On that day, I shall use your example to inspire me to walk, walk, walk!

    • Haha! I do enjoy my ambles indeed Doug.
      When I lost my licence, which there was no problem about, the last thing I wanted was for me to fall asleep driving and knock some kids over.
      But I didn’t think I could cope without transport and was sad… but got used it now. Trouble is everything takes so much longer, leaving less and less time for things to get done.
      I hope you can carry on as long as you can with the pappap, Sir.
      Public transport is not too bad, and the painful hobbling, I cope with by thinking, Well, that’s how it is, so gerron wiv it, yoof! Hahaha!
      Cheers mate.

      • Yes, I hope to continue as long as I’m safe for others and myself. My late mother told me months after she gave up her license that the reason she’d given it up was that months before she gave it up she’d almost backed over a mother and child when she left a K-Mart store! My late father had macular degeneration in both eyes and was legally bling before he gave his license up! I didn’t realize how bad his vision was until (again many months after he gave up his license) my mother confessed he drove them to doctor appointments in a city 253 kilometers away, but she was his eyes and navigator! Had I know that, I would have taken a day off from work. I had five weeks vacation by that time, so could easily made a safer trip for them. Keeping those bad examples in mind, I hope I have the good sense to stop driving before I am a road hazard. Asd for public transportation, this is a 9000-people town in a sparsely-populated part of the US – 92,000 people in a section of the state that is the size of the Netherlands with its 16,000,000+ people! The town fathers, however, do run a bus service, and the fee is $1 one way to any place in town. As you note, public transportation requires a lot more planning because of the extra time involved compared with driving oneself. On the other hand, there is no public transportation from this town to any of the regional medical centers, making family and friends of patients liable to get pleas for a ride!

      • I fully understand you, Doug. And hope and pray that things stay like they are with you being able to use you beloved car for many more years.
        The one dollar deal is sound enough, do they supply an old age pensioners pass for anyone? I love mine… well. I’d be lost without it. I can catch a bus from nearby the flats staright into the City Hospital Grounds – and thank heavens for that! Hehe!
        The QMC needs a bus and tram to get there and back, though.
        I’d hate it if you had to struggle mate.
        Cheers, Sir.

      • As best I can tell – I have used it only when medicated for some tests at the hospital, and am unsafe for driving – everyone pays a dollar, without exception. They use vans and small buses for the service. One time I needed a ride to dialysis when the snow was too deep (I got my car stuck in the lane!) to drive through, they sent the small bus. I was the only one on it, and the dollar probably barely covered their costs.

  2. Two weevils in a corn field were conversing about life. Bert was keen to stay in the field, while Eric had visions of Hollywood. Eric became a star, but Bert remained behind, he is the lesser of two weevils. (an oldie I know, and my particular summary too). Hope their Warterloo is due soon.

Leave a Reply