Inchcock Today – Frid 19 July 2019: Another mixed day: Frictious, Accident-Prone and Logic-Free!

2019 July 19

2019 July 18

Friday 19th July 2019

Welsh: Dydd Gwener 19 Gorffennaf 2019

WD 0.0.150 01:35hrs. I woke up wobbling and shaking all over – but whatever the cause was I’ll never know, it stopped within a minute or so, I lay there for a few moments, fearing I may have had another stroke, got pneumonia or whatever. But things were fine, no pains whatsoever, and the shivering stopped. Perhaps I had had a dream? I expect so, it’s not rare for me to forget the nocturnal meditations, and something later in the day triggers the brain to recollect things.

I became almost sprightly, as I removed my obesely potbellied short torso, with its fluid-filled legs and gangly thin arms, slumbering, short, plump, ailment-ridden body from the second-hand, tatty, beige coloured, c1968, rickety recliner. Walkingsticklessy I hobbled the few paces to the EGPWWB (Emergency Grey Plastic Wee-Wee Bucket), revealing that it had not been used overnight at all (a rarity indeed!), and had an ELWPWW (Extremely-Long-Weak-Powerless-Wee-wee).  

Apart from some lingering cramps in the fingers, I began to feel practically perky! Without the walking stick, I limped into the kitchen and put the kettle on and started to do the hand-washing. Rinsed and put the things on the upright airer for drying, when a smattering of common-sense broke into my brain, and I decided to fetch a stick to use.

WD 0.0.150 A WD 0.0.150 I was in the wet room, cleaning and sanitising the grey bucket, and needed another wee-wee, so I used the WC. What a change for this passage of fluid! An ELPSOA (Extra-Long-Powerful-Spraying-Out-Allover) wee-wee. Unbelievable! By the time I had stopped the persistent flow, I don’t think there was anywhere in the room that had not been sprayed or splashed on, including me! Why this outburst from my inner splanchnic area, I don’t know, but the humorous side came out in me a little. I was having a persiflage, a repartee, or banter with myself about the calamity, all of the hour I had used up while cleaning my torso and the room!

WD 0.0.150 A But the self-nattering soon stopped! As I was cleaning out the mop head, the danged arm and shoulder went off on one their polyneuropathy inspired dancing sessions. It didn’t last for long, but enough for me to clout myself on the head with the mop handle as it swung around before I could let go of it! I should perhaps have been more annoyed than I was, but I appreciated how god things in the ‘dancin’ department had been lately, I think that relieved the temper a bit.

5Fri01Back to the kitchen, stick in hand, and got the kettle on the boil again.

Got the medications taken, and after winning the battle to get the sphygmomanometer to work, I did the health checks.

Another reason to be pleased, all bar the temperature which was only 34.6°c, things looked really good to me.

WD 0.0.150 Well, blow-me! Back to the wet room for the Porcelain Throne to be utilised. What a painful struggle and experience that was! Cor, Luvvaduck and blimey! (which is nearly what I said, ahem!) I have not laboured like that before, but at least there was no bleeding (astonishingly). I thought it was bad enough being indoors waiting and not knowing if the nurse will call or not to take the blood, without being stuck in the wet room on the throne! Hehe!

I observed that something had been put through the letterbox, and went to investigate. The envelope contained a sample-vial, and Jenny had delivered it for me. She is so kind to me. ♥

I went to find some clothes to put on later and noticed the legs were looking a bit battered again. The skin was ashen looking once more. The papsules, lumps and spots seem to have increased, too. It’s the first time since I’ve been wearing these bamboo socks that the swelling marks have shown up on the pins?


WD 0.0.150 I needed another wee-wee and used the grey bucket to control the spray in case it comes out like last time. It came out worserer! At least the splashback from the short, but hose-pipe-like release, was more concentrated and forceful, thus, to avoid getting anything but me wet! Tsk!

I had a wash down, then got on the computer to update and post off the Thursday post. Which was at first. Easier than of late, no dancing from the limbs kicked off for ages, I’m glad to say. I got through the finalisation and got the post all but posted when the arm and shoulder started playing up.

In celebration, I thought I’d make a cuppa. The drilling noises, presumably from the on-going fitting of the new intercoms, was much fainter now, so it might get more so, as the day goes on, and the chap moves on to a higher floor? (I was wrong, it got louder an hour later, Hehe!).

The view from the unwanted light and view-blocking new kitchen windows looked rather nice, and I tried with the old Nikon camera, to take a panoramic shot. I’m afraid it took me eight tries, but on the last one, it took alright! Smug-Mode Adopted.


A shame the Nikon on will not let me take any wide shots. I assume this is because it so much smaller, with tiny buttons, and my Anoxonotmesis Neuralgia affected hands, arms, leg, and shoulder know about this, and refuse to hold steady long enough for me to take the shot? Hehehe!

I got the Thursday file updated and sent off at last. A total of nine wee-wees, all of the persistent and of various ‘Getting-Yourself-Wet’ modes!

WD 0.0.150I set about creating the graphics for and then started off this blog. It took me ages, far longer than it should have, thanks to the twitching and jumping limbs. I got as far as here and went to get the very-belated ablutions done. Hopefully, I will not rush about and risk any cuts!

I haven’t heard from the doctors about the INR Warfarin blood not being taken. I don’t suppose they are too interested.

Made some black bags and one recycling up, took the rubbish ones to the chute of the way out. With my walking down Winchester Street,

Bags, to the waste chute, one to the recycling bin.

Taking a walk to Sherwood with four-wheeler trolley-guide. It is better at going downhill  (I thought!).

WD 0.0.150 I was greeted by rain when I got outside. Dropped the bags at the bin, and had a miserable, wet, depressing walk along Chestnut Way, to the Nottingham City Homes, Winwood Heights, Hauptbereitschaftsleiteress Warden’s Temporary HQ. Sarcasm & Insult distribution area. Tenants Socialisationistical Meeting Shed. Telling Inchcock off Zone. Where things like crockery and pottery get stolen from, Rumourmongering Clinic, and somewhere to rest while waiting for the bus, Portakabin.

5Fri007Oberstgruppenführeress Wardens Deana and Generalfeldmarschalless Julie were in the hut. A quick natter and nibbles handed out, then back out into the rain.

I took this first shot from under the brolly as I set off. See the orange bowser and chap in the picture? He was watering the grass lawns. Haha!

5Fri007aThe four-wheeled trolley was uncontrollable with only one hand. The other was holding the umbrella! It was going all over the place, and progress was hard and slow. Especially going down Winchester Street hill.

WD 0.0.150 Heck of a struggle and the brakes were useless in the wet, meant I had to go out onto the road, and nearly went over as I did so.

5Fri007bI got back on the pavement further down the road.

It was not cold at all, and no wind to worry about, either meteorological or physical. Hehehe!

As I got down and passing the bus stop, the cars gave my trousers a splashing, soaked the legs and bum!

5Fri007baA bit nearer Mansfield Road, a car gave me a splashing, and the shoe and socks got soaked as well!

The trolley was even more wayward as it got wetter en route. Near the trees and bushes, the leaves and petals got stuck to the trolley wheels, and it became even more difficult to control!

5Fri007bbThere were not many folks about, but who can blame them in this weather.

WD 0.0.150I tumbled down the kerb at this junction with Winchester Street. I didn’t fall over, mind, but the foot did go in a deep puddle of water. I may have one of the cleanest pairs of feet in Nottingham soon!  Humph! I got down to the bottom, and turned right, to the Co-op.

I got in the shop and bought just a packet of decent looking quality pod peas. Paid the lady, and back out, and up the hill towards the L9 bus stop, to get home. I was far too miserable and wet to stay out. On the short hobble, a Big Issue seller, with two mobile in use, Two Heart Foundation and a beggar tried to stop me for a cash donation.

5Fri007cAt the bus stop, the shelter was full, but no bother, I was so wet by then it didn’t matter to me one iota. Anyway, if I went under, out of the rain, the trolley couldn’t be used to sit on, it was also precipitationaly affected. Haha!

A queue had gathered, that kept going down in number as each bus arrived, yet still, two women were sat in the shelter. I assumed that they must be waiting for the L9 as well.

5Fri08But no, a minute or two later, a Land Rover Vogue pulled up and collected them. The cheek of it! Keeping all those bus passengers out in the rain! Haha!

The lock-up shop opposite the bus stop, although still having the For Rent sign above, had opened again, a second-hand clobber retailer.

When the L9 bus arrived, it was late, but in this weather, I felt lucky it came at all, there were many of the Winwood Heights clan on board. As usual, I got on last as all those who arrived after I had, rushed forward. Ah, well! I sat on a side-saddle seat next to Mary, we chatted, and Ray and Pete joined in on the short trip up the hill, and home. I walked back to Woodthorpe Court with Mary, and we continued our chinwagging.

WD 0.0.150 A WD 0.0.150 Just as I was getting the trolley up the kerb, the leg, arm and shoulder burst into a Peripheral Neuralgia inspired dancing and shaking! Mary showed her concern, and it all over within a minute or so, thankfully. At least it waited until the end of my vicambulation. Doris joined us afterwards, and we all went up in the lift cage together. Nibbles were shared, and a laugh had between us.

5Fri08aI got in the flat, and dried and cleaned the trolley. Had a wash, then decided to get a load of the fresh pod peas podded, ready for the morning. Enough for me tonight, and Josie and me on Saturday, or Sunday, I’ve not been able to get in touch with her again this week either, to find out what day and time she’d like her nosh doing and delivering. Most frustrating every weekend!

5Fri08bWD 0.0.150 I cleverly used the bowl to catch the pods and any escaping peas, while I  podded them. However, things didn’t go according to plan, But, with my luck, this was no surprise. Hehe! By the time I had shelled just three pods, two had gone missing, flew off into the ether. Finishing the last one, and around eight peas had absconded in total. I found two later, though. Huh!

5Fri09The meal was served up. It consisted of beef pasties, Marmite cheese, tomatoes, fresh peas, and some mash with lots of mature cheddar cheese! Another good un! 9.22/10 Flavour rating!

Put the TV on to watch Rumpole of the Bailey, nodded off and missed the ending of it.

Had to get up for a wee-wee, they seemed to be changing again, this one was of the SHS (Short-Hosepipelike-Sensationless) mode of wee-wee. One of the dangerous ones, that one cannot tell when or if it is finished! Hahaha! Thinking things in the wee-wee department might get worse (They didn’t), I emptied and sanitised the grey plastic bucket. I’m glad I did, though. I found two more peas!

Got down, and soon nodded off again!

12 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Frid 19 July 2019: Another mixed day: Frictious, Accident-Prone and Logic-Free!

  1. Your legs are looking very white and beat up. The whiteness could be the exposure from the camera. I would think that all trolleys in England would come with umbrella holders. Or is an umbrella holder considered optional trim? Unlike here in the southwestern high desert where a forecast for rain usually means there’s a 90% chance it won’t rain about 90% of the time, I think a forecast for rain in England is usually a pretty sure bet it will rain; therefore, umbrella holders should come standard on trolleys. The only thing umbrellas are good for out here is to increase your risk of getting struck by lightning. Good set of wet photos. Great looking dinner.

    • Sometimes in another room, they piccies can come out differently. Usually, the wet room has a stronger light in it, but no window.
      I took a shot outside this morning with the Nikon, the later with the Canon, the Nikon was much nearer to the actual shades.
      Oddly enough, Tim, I mention about an umbrella storage area, she told me I must not go out in the rain with an umbrella, or I’ll lose control of the guide. Well, she was right! Hehehe! But it would be great to have one.
      Smashing nosh that one, Tim, I’ll see if I can make it three good noshes in a row later.
      Cheers, Sir, have a good un!.

  2. What a day! Thanks to dialysis, my peeing largely is done by means of a machine, LOL! On the other hand, I still have some urine production but not so much that I often have much to worry about so far as getting to a toilet in time. I can go most of the day free of the need! (Just braggiung, I guess?)

    Anyway, my kitty boys tell me to tell you “Meow!” because they can.

      • Yep, too beat up old farts, I fear. When I was little, my Scottish grandmotrher used to refer to us grandchildren as “wee faihrts” (little farts), so I haven’t rte=avelled far in my life’s journey! LOL!

      • By gum, yo’ve done it again, Doug. Set the distant memories returning.
        I reckon I’ve travelled backwards in life’s journey, mate.
        I appreciate a chinwag, thanks. The neuralgia was the worst (Sun) ever yesterday, and I am depressed and ashamed of it. There are so many folks worse off than I, but this dibilitating lack of control of the limbs and their shaking, dancing, got to me.
        This morning, things have calmed down, and I’m back to old grumpy but not unhappy self! Weird innit, Sir.
        Every wee-wee is so different from the previous one today again.
        Still, variety is the spice of life.
        Not being to bothered, and almost free of th shakes, is marvellous for typing mistakes! But they’ll be back, I’m sure.
        All the best to you and the furries, cheers!

      • I have no excuses for my typos, at least nothing as grim as those shakes, Gerry. I think your blogs shows how persistent you are in documenting your daily grind. I wonder how many young to nearly old people look at some of us old farts and think “I’ll be there4 some day….” I know I never anticipated what was in my future!

      • I think I hope that the medical staff will read the blog one day, and then they may use the email instead of the phone; if only they would realise my deafness! And how hard life is for me. And possibly, try to do something to help! I jest!
        Moan over! Hehehe!
        Like you Thomas, being so fit and healthy for so many years, I really believed I would be okay in my dotage. Presumptuousness and overconfidence was the name of the game, back then! Serves me right!
        Take care over there, Doug,
        Dig-in and fight the sickness foe,
        Never give-in, keep on the go,
        Good, you’ve got the furries though,
        Bet you love them ever so!
        All the bestest, mate.

      • I trell medical people the best way to contact me is e-mail or using phones that I know will show up as legitimate numbers on my caller ID. Failure to do this is failure to get me!

      • I ask for email, I check it each morning, and deafness doesn’t mean I miss any message… But, do they listen? Phewrt!
        I hope you have better luck, Doug!

      • I dpon’t worry about it any longer. If I miss it, I miss it. As long as there aren’t any dead people (especially me!), all’s well. It is possible for mew to miss important calls or e-mails, but so far it’s not happened.

      • Well done, I wish I could say that, mate.
        Oh, I’m an expert at not hearing alarms, telephones, etc. Hehe!
        Tends to show my luck, it has to happen with the only one that it is critical, that I take!

Leave a Reply