Inchcock Today – Sat 16 July 16: 0350hrs – Up and doing the laundry around 0400hrs

Saturday 16th July 2016

Translation into Zulu: NgoMgqibelo 16th Julayi 2016

Woke with a start around 0350hrs. Disentangled me from the £300 second-hand recliner chair and off for a WRWW. Then I got the washing ready and down to the laundry room.

10eHad a peep out at the situation in front of the compound through the foyer doors.

Got the washer going in Quick Mode and back up to 72 for a WWHD. No bleeding this morning, despite the actions being a tad uncomfortable.

Roger Reflux was in good form and swollen so that it looked like I have swallowed a baseball! Terribly fetid wind from the rear.

Back down to the laundry room and moved the clothes into the dryer. 0425hrs, back up to the flat, set the alarm to try and remind me to collect the washing at 0525hrs, and not forget them like the last two occasions! Humph!

Made a cuppa, another WRWW, and got the laptop on to update this diary. Then finished yesterday’s and got it posted off.

IMG_0084The alarm went off, but I didn’t hear it – I felt it?

The sound was far too low for me to pick it up even with my hearing aids in, but the clock shook and fell off of the £99 1959 G-Plan sideboard I use the laptop on, and landed on my foot via me knee!

You’ve got to laugh!

At least it reminded me to go and collect the washing from the laundry room dryer. Which I did. Cleaned the filter and returned to the flat, put the things in the airing cupboard and felt pleased I’d remembered them this time.

Made a cuppa, and remembered to take the morning medications, with some extra Peptac as the stomach was starting to rumble a bit.

Another WRWW session. Then minutes later a WRHD session?

For the next few hours, in between WRWW’s of course, I did some Facebooking and graphicalisationing.Then did the ablutions and showering.

Remembered (As soon as I checked the emails and got one informing me) the delivery from Coopers is due today sometime. The mop and bucket for the wet-room, the scales, the battery operated doorbell, the mini Ottoman and the Gilet could arrive, or any combination of them. So, I’ll not go out for a walk for fear of missing them – whether they come or not, of course, is in the hands of fate.

Worked some hours sorting out my Words to Use file. Got a headache now. Hehe!

P1110343Oh, Flipping Marvelous!

French Owned British Gas, who last week told Warden Deana the Electricity Bill would be scrapped for the second time, have sent me a Red Letter Bill with threats now! Losing me credit rating – hints at bailiffs etc demanding the £250 I don’t owe them!

10d1So frustrated, I did a post about them and put it on Facebook, LinkedIn and on WordPress too!

Still, no Coopers stuff arrived, their email said they were on the way on the lorry this morning.

Calmed down a bit and went on Facebook again.

P1110345Then, did the ablutions and showering.

Spent a good while doing the meal tonight.

Battered potato slices, tomatoes, beetroot, apple, fresh pod peas, red onion, yellow peppers, dried roast onions and the last of the cooked pork loin slices.

Rated this one at 9.34/10! Marvellous tasty fodder in a dish! Despite still feeling aggrieved at British Gas, I enjoyed it.

Got myself settled and consumed the repast, washed up and settled again to watch some TV – fell asleep.

Woke in a semi-panic “Had I left the washing down in the laundry room dryer?”  had to disentangle myself manually from the £300 second-hand recliner chair that refused to operate, and go and check the airing cupboard to make sure the clothes were in there. Sad innit?

Settled down for the third time in the now working £300 second-hand recliner chair, and nibbled some Melba Toast – the crumbs flew all over the place, the still working £300 second-hand recliner chair allowed me out to get the mini-hoover and clear up the mess, next climbed back into the recliner to watch some TV – then realised the programmes I’d wanted to watch were all over and done with.

003aTurned off the goggle-box and I was in the land of nod in minutes. Unhappily, this didn’t last long, as trips for many WRWWs followed throughout what was left of the night.

Sleep of any quality was once again denied me.


Leave a Reply