Inchcock Today – Tuesday 24th October 2017

Tuesday 24th October 2017

Moari: Rātū 24 Oketopa 2017

0201hrs: I woke feeling so much betterer than last night. A different person. Proof sure, that the getting a decent few hours uninterrupted sleep in can do help.

I got the washing sorted and was soon going down in the lift to do the cleaning session.

0220hrs: Back to the flat. Lift One had gone down again.

0248hrs: Down to move the things from washer to dryer.

0258hrs: Up and made a brew, did the morning Health Checks.

Took the medications.

Started the computer and got carried away with updating yesterday’s Inchcock Today. Graphics and photographs sorted and I was doing well. Then I realised the time, as I started to scan over the Emails.

0540hrs: Whoopsiedangleplop there! Shot down, lift number one now working? Extracted the clothes and folded them into the bag. Cleaned the filter and casings. While I was doing this, I had a mini-Accifauxpa as the cloth slipped and I caught the knuckles on a sharp edge of the machine. Hey-ho!

Back in the flat, the lighting seemed to have gone all greenish? Earlier when I photographed the HC machine, it was kind of yellowish?

Beats me.

Got the clobber put away. As I went to make another cuppa, I spilt the milk on the floor.

So I had a good sweep and mopped up session. Took this photograph and the hue in the room came out a different one this time?

I wonder if it is the camera or something I’m doing wrong with it? The colouring on the few pictures I’ve taken this morning are all different? I can’t work out what’s happening.

Got back on the computer, and a reminder of the Morrison Delivery being due shortly came up. I thought I’d ordered it for delivery on Wednesday as usual, but no.

Got the diary posted off at last.

0725hrs: Then onto WordPress Reader.

The Morrison order arrived.

Stored the stuff away. I had ordered 2 x 8 (240g) Birds Eye Fish Fingers on offer from £1.39 down to £1.

They substituted them with Two  Birds Eye Fish Bites (350g) @ £4-04. And I had to take them out of the boxes to get them to fit into the freezer and stuff them into an open packet of chips (fries) and jiggle them about to get the drawer to go back in. Grumph!

Comestibles and nutrients were plentiful to keep me going, anyway.

Began on this dairy again.

Then onto Facebooking.

Made a fresh mug of tea.

The outlook from the window was bleak?

Back to Facebook. Had to save then restart everything because the computer had gone very slow.

Still not up to speed.

The doctor’s surgery sent me the INR reading, at last, it’s on 4 – which, had it arrived with the first Email, would have given me time to get to the dentist and try to get the teeth done.

But too late now. Grumph!

Got on with the TFZer graphicalisationing.

I’m putting some of the TFZers in scenes come photos I have taken of Nottingham.

These ones are from the Papplewick Pumping Station I went to, thanks to BJ, last Saturday.

Took me a few hours to get them done mind, but I did enjoy doing them. No Dizzy Dennis visits either.

The boiler room picture I added two of the TFZer lads.

The original picture ! was quite pleased with, this on with the added personalities I took to and thought one of my better efforts of recent times.

The old Austin Ambulance shot I took near the coal supply depot, and blacksmiths forge place.

Three TFZer gals were added. One in the driver’s seat, and two others in front of the vehicle in nurses uniforms.

I really hope they like them.

Started to try and sort out why the MS account would not let me access the Word or Excel upgrade without having to go through a selection process that always ends up with them offering me to pay again to get into the extra things, that I still have no idea, are?

As I stumbled around, trying to avoid clicking and paying again. Eventually, I got Access, at least I think I have. I’ll find out I suppose next time I open Word?e

The doorbell burst into chime, and the young man, Ryan from the Nottingham City Homes arrived.

He set up the Slarm strobe and Pillow Alert (Shaker) in short time.

More electrical cables to worry about now, and less free sockets, but no complaints, he did a good quick job.

Tested they were all working.

He cleverly got the Pillow Alert under part of the £300 second-hand recliner backdrop cushion. Tested it so he knew I could feel it when it shook. I hope it doesn’t affect the metal ticker, though, should it go off?

Got the nosh ready.

Luckily toothache-wise, the Cox’s apples were soft fleshed.

I struggled to chew the cheesy potatoes a bit.

Overall a rating of 9/10.

Drained once more, I got the pots washed and down into the recliner and watched an episode of Rumpole of the Bailey on DVD, then I feasted watching TV favourites, London is Burning, Pie in the Sky and part of Hetty Wainthrope investigates, before drifting off into some much-needed sleep.

Ah, Nice!

8 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Tuesday 24th October 2017

  1. You didn’t get to see nurse Nichole today? Too bad about the INR to late for teeth. I’ve been trying to get our daughter’s house re-roofed since August. I got the roofer picked out, but then we had trouble getting the solar company to take the solar panels off the roof. We went in circles with a few dos-e-dos for over a month trying to get them to schedule taking off the solar panels. Then one day they show up and take them off. The roofers completed the new roof on Saturday, so now I’m trying to coordinate with the solar people again. They need to put the frames for the panels on the roof so the roofers can come back and seal where the frames attach to the roof before the solar panels are put in the frames. It’s a little bit like you trying to align INR results and dental appointments. The meal looks great.

    • All the best of luck with the roof, Tim.
      Feel a bit let-down with the surgery and having to go to the City for the tests.
      Today, I pondered and procrastinated about whether to ring the NHS Helpline about the very high Sys and Dia for the last few times on the HP machine. I explained I just needed to know if I should go to the doctors about it or not. That was at 0515hrs, the lady said someone would ring me back and to stay in and not use the phone. It is 1405hrs now, but not had a call back yet. So I think it might be not needed for me to go bothering her.
      Very confused here. Tsk! TTFN Sir.

      • 188 is high, but your sys readings are always high. I would think they would adjust BP meds, but I don’t know how all the works with the other meds you are on. The NHS doesn’t seem too concerned now, do they?

Leave a Reply