Inchcock Today – Wednesday 14th March 2018: Warfarin INR Blood Test – Nurse Nichole on Duty, Nice!

Wednesday 14th March 2018

Greek: Τετάρτη 14 Μαρτίου 2018

0005hrs: I stirred in the £300 second-hand recliner and waited for the grey-cells to join me

Saw the blood test reminder note on the computer screen. Forced my ever increasing body-mass from the chair, and off for a Porcelain Throne session. A Trotsky affected evacuation again. Messy and needed a lot of cleaning up afterwards

Took the medications and did the Health Checks. The Sys and Weight are both too high methinks?

Got the computer on, there was a lot of work needed on the Tuesday post to do to finish it off. Mainly due to the fact of my missing the L9 bus back from Arnold yesterday, and being so tired, I did no work on it when I got home. Huh!

0400hrs by the time I got it completed and posted off. Then I started on this one up to here.

Two comments to reply to on WordPress, which I did. Then visited the WordPress Reader to catch-up on any I’ve missed.

I moved sharpishly onto Facebooking. The computer and internet were both going okay today. I hope this lasts.

Watched a forty-minute video of the Titanic and the fire down burning below when it set sail.

Another Nottingham City Homes letter from Angela Gould, our Housing Patch Manager this time. About the importance of a Fire Inspection/Procedure visit for Thursday twixt 11am and 1300hrs.

Not good this!

As I already have four appointments for Thursday on the calendar! Morrisons, Community Hour assemblage, Fire Instruction Meeting and GUM clinic Assessment.

Sorted and took the black bins to the waste chute.

Ablutions sorted out, new PPs on, the extra Germoloid cream applied. Got dressed up nice and warm. Collected the nibbles for the Sherrington Park Surgery staff. And set out on my hobble to Carrington and the Doctors surgery.

As I poddled along Chestnut Walk, I met with Obergruppenfurhress Warden Deans as she was arriving for work. Exchanged good mornings and I explained to her about the Fire Procedure meeting with Angela. Deana said not to worry, she would sort it out for me. I don’t know how these Obergruppenfurheresses manage.

She is very bust today, she has to go another complex to look after the residents somewhere, as cover for their absent staff. I thanked her muchly, and continued on my somewhat painful (due to Arthur Itis), walk to Carrington. Plodded down Winchester Street to the bottom and turned left onto Mansfield Road.

Up to the top of the hill and down into Carrington.

The junction of Devon Drive and Mansfield Road at this time of day, with the traffic being heavy, often offers an accident or near collision for me to see. No crashes as it happens this morning.

But I reckon, judging by the squeal of brakes and papping of horns, that the white van man came close as he pulled out through standing traffic.

I took another photo of the bush in the posh house’s garden. To show someone who might be able to identify for me later.

I got to the surgery with plenty of time to spare. Registered with the receptionists and got seated and doing the crossword book for about ten minutes or so, before the nurse called me in; and guess what… It was Nurse Nichole on duty!

She managed to make time for gossip and a few laughs while she did the blood taking. She even told me that the bush flowers I was trying to identify, were Peonys. It was grand having someone who seemed to care to look after me this morning. I gave her some nibbles with my farewells and handed the receptionist some as I left the building, whistling and content!

I was feeling so chirpy, I decided to walk back to Sherwood as well.

The traffic had cleared after the rush hour, and I took my time ambling along Mansfield Road. I called into the Boots Chemist to get some more Germoloid cream, as the one I got from Arnold was getting low. This one cost much more than the other one but was twice the size. I met the Geordie-lass from the flats in the shop.

Lovely woman. We had a natter and laugh. I was going to walk back up Winchester Street, because my timing was well out, and the next L9 was not due for 50 minutes yet.

She suggested I walk up the catch the 90 bus. Which for some reason I had not thought of doing, bless her Cotton Socks.

So I did that. Only had ten minutes to wait for it once I’d got to the bus shelter. No signs of any other tenants in the vicinity, surprisingly enough.

Dropped off three stops later high up of Winchester Street, and walked up onto Chestnut Walk.

When I approached my Woodthorpe Court block of flats, I could see that the hoist was on my floor, the twelfth, with some busy looking workers grafting away.

Af I entered the flats, my neighbour Doris (I think) was there doing her laundry. She warned me to expect a lot of noise when I get in, the workers were putting in her windows. And, do you know, she was spot-on right! Hehe!

We had a chinwag session, and I made my way up in the lift.

When I got in, I felt all lost and confused for a moment or two.

I put this down to my going out and not coming back, having bought no comestibles that were unneeded or wanted. A rarity. Haha!

The drilling and knocking were terribly loud, grating and persistent. But expected. The longer it went on, the less I noticed it.

I took these shot from the kitchen window. On the hoist was some windows were taken out and others waiting to go in, at Joyce’s flat. Ah, that’s it. Joyce, not Doris!

I Surprised myself there.

At least there was no raining today for the workers.

I got the oven on to warm it ready for later. I planned to have the lamb Mousaka with extra cheese, and some tomatoes added on top of it. Potato cakes, and a handful of chips. Sliced apple too, methinks.

I did the Health Checks and took the medications. Got the fodder in the oven.

Got the computer on to update this diary. It took a few hours, as I’d made a few photos that needed prepping first.

Did the last Health checks early, as I was feeling mentally exhausted a lot earlier than I usually do.

The moussaka had a lot of aubergines in it, and I do love them, but they are on the restricted foods list because they are so high in Vitamin K. (I think that is the reason the cardiac team put this on the list). Bt with the Warfarin INR level going down sharply, I guess I should get away with my indulging myself this once. (I hope). The ready-made meal was warming plentiful and tasty. The potato cakes were excellent. The rest, average.

I watched a Jonathan Creek episode on DVD, then turned to the television. Then fell asleep. The phone rang and amazingly woke me up, how I heard it without my hearing aids in surprised me. IT was Jenny from the 14th floor. She had lost her internet connections. I was half-asleep, but I think I made the banal question of “Have you done the turning-off, unplugging, wait five minutes and reconnecting the router box?” OG course she had done so without any luck. I wished her the best of luck. She is unfortunately on Liberty Global-Virgin Media as I am. I wished I was more awake, I should have asked her if she had rung 150 on her Virgin landline.

I got back in the £300 second-hand recliner. The TV still on from when I fell asleep, and ‘Hustle’ just about to start. But I drifted off again before it started.

I woke later, turned off the TV and was in the process of removing my cumbersome, ungainly, wobbly body-mass from the recliner, to go for a wee-wee, when the phone rang again. It was the DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) Anticoagulation clinic with the INR test results. It was hard to hear what she was saying, but I think she gave me the dosages for the next seven days, like this: Wed, Thur and Friday 2 tablets, the rest of the days 1.5 tablets. The INR level has come down to 2.5 from last weeks 4.4, so that’s good. Well, this is what I found scribbled on my phone notepad in the morning.

I had the wee-wee, washed my hands and placed the pots to soak in the sink.

Just as I was returning to the £300 second-hand recliner, the phone light flashed again. By gum, I was popular tonight. It was from someone wanting to deliver a pizza, He told me he’s outside the house now but could not get an answer to his knocking on the door! I inquired as to where he was. He said in Calverton (6.1 miles away) outside my house. I bluntly told him he’d got the wrong number and asked him to remove it from his phone.

Got my head down again, but the night was filled with waking so often. Tsk!

13 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Wednesday 14th March 2018: Warfarin INR Blood Test – Nurse Nichole on Duty, Nice!

  1. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Nurse Nichole! Excellent construction photos. You are getting some good pics for all the noise. Virgin should just give you an Internet voodoo kit with pigeon feathers, monkey blood, sparrow bones, eye of newt and bat guano to use for incantations, hocus pocus and giving your router a magical stink eye. It’s more fun than simply unplugging, waiting five minutes and all that stuff. Getting a little risky on the meal? Looks great.

    • Oh, yes, Tim, Hallelujah indeed! A different patient after seeing her. Yeehaa!
      Well, I think you’ve covered the Virgin Media problem. I’ll use this if you don’t mind for next time it goes down, credit given of course.
      Right about the risky nosh too. Fingers crossed on that one. Tsk! It tasted great, but I think the guilt might have lessened the pleasure. Ah, a thought there for politicians perhaps? Hehehe!
      Drizzling with rain now here, but none was forecast?

  2. I thought Nurse Nichole had moved, so glad you were able to have this friendly visit. When the INR is high is a good time to have a bit of vitamin k foods, not good to take it with the INR down. Vitamin k reverses the anticoagulant therapy, which is good when bleeding time is too high & super bad when too low. Probably won’t be too terrible with a reading of 2.5.

    • Thanks, Corin.
      Well thought out there, it might have been me thinking it.
      Although, I do get confused sometimes, especially when Dizzy Dennis visits me. Hehe!
      I got the Moussaka from Walmart (Asda) and it was excellent, if naughty.
      Back to the Cumberland pie today methinks.
      Hope the weather is alright over there,
      So you please take much care.
      Cheers and bestest wishes. X

      • We’ve a bit of rain coming soon, but things are warming up for now, mostly the weather seems like it will be pretty comfortable 😉

      • That’s good, Corin.
        This morning we have amber alerts for snow and ice. Tsk! Friday (today) not too bad it says, (Fog and raining at this moment 06161hrs) Saturday the worst day, Sunday more snow and improving on Monday.
        TTFNski petal. X

      • Oh, good.
        The driver who delivered my food order said it was bad out there today (The rain).
        I’ll only be going to the Obergruppenfureress Wardens shed and back a few times today. For the Social Hour, then back to the flat and out later to the hut for the Fire Regulations lecture and instructions. Better take a pen and pad with me. Hehe!
        TTFN gal. ♥

    • Ah, well, yer see… when I mention sharpishly; either it is a misspelling for sheepishly, or I could not spell limpingly at the time. Hahaha!
      May I offer the suggestion, that you increase your press-ups to three a year, run 6ft slowly every month and take up bungee jumping by booking your first lesson for 54th Aptober 2999? Thus becoming attractive to the opposite sex and in much demand. Did wonders for me. (Lie detected!)

    • Cheers, Tracey Mon incroyable Ami.
      I love it when someone treats me kindly and sees my humour.
      I thought about you and Bertie when I got to make a fuss of the Yorkshire Terrier near the copse. It was wet and slippy and I wondered how it is now for you out there?
      Hopefully, if we do get any snow, it will not be as bad as you suffered last time, fingers crossed. Did poor Bertie get soaked walking in it? I think you said he did. Does he enjoy bathtime?
      Give him a bit of fuss for me, please. ♥

      • When the snow was in the ground Bertie could only walk where it was compacted or scarce as he has arthritis so he got carried over the difficult bits. Hit used to love the snow and would get very excited by it.
        He hates bath time, it makes him very anxious, so I try not to bathe him too frequently.
        It’s very wet and soggy over on the recreation ground. I guess it will freeze over. We went up over Exmoor to Lynmouth two days ago and there’s still snow lying around. We noticed one road had a big bank of snow in it and was impassable. We were surprised.
        Yes, I’ll give Bertie a big uncle Gerry fuss 🙂

      • Poor little Bertie, I share his arthritis and understand. Hope you miss the next lot this weekend Tracey.
        Sat and Sunday Amber warnings for Nottingham. Snow and rain, hope it doesn’t freeze.
        Foggy and raining at the moment.
        Thanks for fussing Bertie for me, I enjoyed that.

Leave a Reply