Inchcock Today: Mon 11th August 2014

Inchletter02We’re a bit worried about Inchy today folks. He seems in a reasonable mood. Never mind, something is bound to bring him back down to earth with a bump. Talking of bumps, he had the one near his.. on his.. the one that appeared last month. The clinic surgically removed it last week, but he didn’t tell you about it because he was a bit embarrassed do you see. Well… the last few days really, nowt exciting enough to write about yer see…

Saturday 9th August

Oh, dear, WC visits throughout the night.

Woke up 0510hrs with cramps and fears from the nightmares I’d had..

Trundled down and put laptop on, then kettle on, then made cuppa and porridge, then took me medications… then waited for the laptop to finish booting up! Oh dear, I’m lost without me internet yer know.

Had to reboot laptop again, to get the internet going and letting me load wordpress with top bar on screen. By now, me cuppa and porridge were cold, so made another brew… While pouring it out, I had a dizzy spell, and managed to pour boiling water over me fingers. Applied water then olive oil to the tender red patches on me digits… oh, I think I swore a bit as well.

Posted Inchcock Today’s, then worked on graphics for another post.

Spent the whole day internetting on blogs and making graphics, it were grand it were.

Come early evening, I was drained mentally. (Poor old devil/thing).

Sunday 10th August

Up at 0430hrs. WC.

Laptop booted, kettle on, medications taken, WC, bowl of Grape-nut Flakes… then waited a further few minutes for the laptop to finish loading. I’m gerrin’ worried the old gal is about to conk-out… oh, lost without me internet yer know. Mind you, I might beat her to it yet.

Storms, rain and hibernation wus the order of things today.

Got no-end of blogging done again.

Monday 11th August

Up at 0400hrs, WC. (Bit of blood) A new twinge today to join me compilation of complications – stomach ache (Not the ulcer or reflux valve this time).

Laptop started.

WC visit, had to change me bandage.

Down, made a cuppa and took me medications.

Finally got me graphics finished for me ‘Inchcock’s Tips/Advice for those Approaching Old Age’ post, by gum it took ages.

I’ve been having a few more dizzy spells recently, and last night, I forgot to take me medications – this morning, no dizzies at all? Perhaps this is indicationistcal that one of me night medications might have been causing the problem – but which one? (See what a keen diagnostic mind I have today?)

Went up and dun me teggies, washed me tootsies, had a good shave, washed me horrendous torso, applied me Dermatological cream in the require places, changed me bandage, applied me ear-hole spray and took me midday medications.

Another cuppa, and I set off for the hospital. Got the bus today to town, then out to the QMC.

I wus seen to quickly, and out in half an hour or so. (No prodding or groping today – Drat!)

It wus piss.. pouring down when I got out, so instead of walking to town, I caught the bus there.

I remembered I wanted to have a look in the library for a book what Antony Beever had used for reference hen he wrote ‘Stalingrad’.

It was called ‘They Never Came Back’ by Siegfried Muhler. I hobbled up three flights of stairs and asked at the desk. The nice lady eventually told me it might be out of print. I should try a book store. So I did.

First I limped to Wesley Owen Books & Music, on Castle Gate. No luck.

Then to Waterstone’s on Bridlesmith Gate. They think it’s out of print.

Then WHSmith in Victoria Centre. No luck.

Along I staggered to Mary & Tony’s Books also in Victoria Centre – the nice lady there said she may be able to get me a copy in Romanian if I wanted?

I gave up.

2reportPottered around the City Centre a bit, and took a photo of the Council House – and very nearly copped it again with a Disabled Scooter nearly hitting me as I took the photo! Tsk!

Then into Tesco and got some Wholemeal bread wraps and a pack of Hunter’s sausage, and Torunska sauage. Then, after I’d paid the very weary looking chap on the checkout for them, I remembered I’d ordered a pack of Silesian sausage for delivery from Morrison’s. Well, at least I won’t have to buy any meat for the rest of the week, or even longer.

I wandered gingerly up to the bus stop, and caught the bus back to the hovel.

As I dropped off the bus, I remembered I’d not made an appointment for next week with the hospital. Ah well, it’ll give me run out another day.

I got in.

 Got the laptop on, and updated this tosh.

I did some graphics in readiness for later blogs.

Went up and changed me shoes fer me slippers – the stubbed me toes on the way down stairs.


4 thoughts on “Inchcock Today: Mon 11th August 2014

  1. First of all I would like to say excellent blog! I had a quick question which I’d
    like to ask if you don’t mind. I was curious to find out how you
    center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.
    I’ve had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my
    ideas out. I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just trying to figure out how to
    begin. Any suggestions or hints? Thanks!

    • Thanks.
      I often find the first few minutes are vital in creating, even if they are blank. During this hiatus period, more often than not, I change my ideas yet again, from the original – and this makes me think more about whatever I’m writing.
      Hopefully the end product will benefit from this.
      Writers block eh?
      Good luck, I hope you undertand what I was trying to say here. I’m not well educated you see, a very very low IQ, but a very high EQ me.

Leave a Reply