Inchcock Today Thur 7th April 2016: Disappointments, Cock-ups and loses today

03 01ABC

Thursday 7th April 2016

Woke up throughout the night many times, every occasion I tried to recall the dreams I’d been having, but just could not remember any details. I hate it when it’s like this.

When I woke up around 0400hrs, I nipped to the porcelain and once on the throne, tried again to remember the dreams, but only got the feeling I had been trying to do something and was frustrated in my efforts in every dream, felt I’d had many of them? Tsk! Still, the good news was that both Little Inchy and Haem Aroids were not bleeding at all.

Got the kettle on, made a cuppa, dropped it on the floor (That was Arthur Itis to blame for this!), made another cup and took the medications.

Checked I’d got the photo’s, nibbles and everything ready for the Windwood Tenants gathering hour at the Windwood Social Hut later. This time, I was certain it as the day for the Morrison’s delivery to arrive between 0730 > 0830hrs.

So I got the Tuesday diary finished and posted and started this one off.

Made sure I got myself bathed in plenty of time so as not to miss either the delivery or the social hour.

Mr. Morrison arrived and I put away the fodder for later and put the treats in the bag for the tenants meeting.

 P1060037Set out for the Social Hour.

The daffodils in the lower part of the park looked rather beautiful as I passed by, I nipped in and took a photograph of them. 

Such a disappointing turnout today at the hut, for the Winwood Tenant’s Social Hour.

P1060032Perhaps the weather forecast put them off probably, maybe or might have?

I’ll never know.

The few that did turn up seemed a bit lackadaisical.

Even old Eddy left early!

P1060033Left the place looking a bit threadbare of folk. Hehe!

I was a bit concerned about this and asked one or two of the clan there if they knew if anyone was poorly or why there is so few of us today?

A massive lack of interest was displayed, and I then wondered if I’d missed something?

P1060035Perhaps they will arrive a bit later I pondered?

No, the event dwindled to a farce, and those who had left early didn’t even say cheerio?

William, the treasurer, was the only one who wanted to have a gossip?Most off-putting this was.

I went back to the flat feeling a deflated person.

Pottered about in a depressed mood, then decided to go and get the few photographs I managed to take printed at Asda in Arnold. This proved a very expensive exercise! Humph!

I caught the bus into Arnold, having a very nice chat with Norman the 93-year-old from the same floor as me as we travelled off. revisit

Norman got off at Sainsburys and I carried on to the Asda store.

Went in and got the photographs done, paid for them and got the receipt and poddled around the shop.

I saw some lovely looking slow cookers on sale, but could not carry it home on the bus. I might see about buying a four wheeled trolley?

Then I got some sticks, bread, TV paper, paring knife so I can prepare my vegetables properly tonight, some Marmite, flavoured cashew nuts and potato cakes. Please to be noticing that I combated the urge to get any cream cakes! (Smug Mode Adopted!).

I collected the photographs after paying the lovely lady on the till.

P1060040Walked out and to the bus-stop, the timing was right as an L9 bus was due in eight minutes.

An interesting altercation was taking place in Asda’s car park. One of the many local shoplifters was being encouraged by the staff members to return to the store.

I also noticed that another slat had gone missing from the fungus covered P1060041dilapidated bench near the bus stop.

As I did so, who should turn up at the shelter, but Norman!

Bless him, he’s miss-timed catching the earlier bus, so he caught one the other way to Asda, and caught the same one as I did, back to the flats.

I was very pleased, at this, ’cause I love listening to his stories from his past! When he stopped telling me, I’m afraid I drifted off. Damned good job Norman was with me to wake me up! Huh!

We got back to the flats, parted company on the 12th floor as we got out of the lift, and I got in the apartment feeling a bit more cheerful, thanks to good old Norman.

I put the things away after attending to duties in the bathroom like. I prepared the veg for the nosh, easy-peasy with the new knife. Sprayed oil of the sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots then, placed the beef slice in the oven dish with them, the got the laptop on to update this tosh.

I kept checking on the fodder in the oven mind.

Checked the TV paper, intend to watch it from 2000hrs to 2300hrs. (Best laid plans mind)

P1060042Got the nosh out and on the plate.

At this point for some reason, I realised I had not got my wristlet alarm on my wrist.

Nipped to the bathroom to collect it, and could not find it anywhere?

I ate the meal which while tasting nice, I didn’t appreciate it much with my worrying about the wristlet alarm.

After eating it, I took the medications, then spent and hour or three searching around for the alarm, without any success.

Panicking a bit now, I was.

Suppose this means more costs and hassle; I’ll have to report it to Deana, the coordinator. Oh dear.

I tried to watch some TV but kept repeatedly getting up searching again and again for the wristlet alarm.

Most disappointed with me. Tsk!

Leave a Reply