Inchcock Today- Not a good start to this Monday 7th November 2016


Monday 7th November 2016

In Norwegian: Mandag 7 November 2016

Having had to get up at 0015hrs for a WRHD session, stubbing my toe and the stomach churnings, coughing and runny eyes, try as I may, I could not get to sleep again. Yet felt so tired and weary, weak. Shivering a bit occasionally.

Took a painkiller and swig of the ulcer medicine and spent an hour or two on the Computer Word compilation.

Off for another WRHD session then made a cup of tea and had a dizzy spell, first one for ages. The eyes seemed to be running a bit and drooping, as I typed merrily away. The cracked lips started to bleed. In fact, my many ailments appeared to be getting more ingravescent as the day went on.

Another dizzy caused me to check that I had on the wristlet alarm.

I have always loved taking a shower, but this morning, although I realise it is far too early to take a shower yet (0255hrs) for fear of disturbing the neighbours with the noisy water pump mechanism, I am not looking forward to it in the least?

1mon02I pressed on with WordPressing, graphic making and then onto Facebook. Concentration is not okay.

Received a notice from Nottingham City Homes. They are turning off the water again on Tuesday 15th November, between 0930hrs and 1700hrs.

Bless um!

1mon07A nice long shower and change of togs and off to visit Olive. She was not very well at all. Her family were looking after her and calling each day. I collected some jars to go with mine to the bottle bank, and she asked me to post a letter for her.

Got wrapped up well and nipped out to take the jars to the recycle bins, post Olive’s letter and called into the Community Shed. Where I found both Obergruppenfurheress Julie and Standartenführeress Deans both in.

I informed them of Olive not being too well this morning and in much pain. I asked if they knew of anyone who was a bit useful at setting up landline phones who could help me with my new one that had call blocking facilities, but I was a little lost with how to set it up. Deana said she would call to see me tomorrow.

Back to the flats, having a gossip as I passed the bus stop. Readied myself and out back down for the bus into town, where I planned to call at Jessops to look at the chairs, PC  World to find out what’s what with the data retrieval and get some Sourdough bread from Tesco, Oh, and Aldi to get some Rice-pea snacks.

Caught the L9 bus and dropped off on Upper Parliament Street, walked up Huntingdon Street and to the Aldi store. Got some deli Peasnacks – not a good idea me getting a different flavour, later found I could not eat them, too hot. I can give them to Deana tomorrow, she and Julie might like them. A jar of beetroots as well.

Walked through to the Victoria Centre Mall and to Tesco’s. Got some cooked chicken legs and a Sourdough loaf. To the other end of the centre and into 1mon03Jessops to look if they had any suitable chairs for the computer for me. One chair seemed perfect, but it was £299. Some on show were up to £899 each!

As I walked up the stairs to the top floor, I took this photographicalisation from the third-floor window on the stairwell. Clinton Street in the distance. There seemed plenty of shoplifters about this morning.

I decided it might be best for me to order a chair from Amazon? But they might need erecting? Confused myself again, now.

1mon03aTo the end of the mall and towards the stairs onto the street.

Took a photo through the dirty windows of the walk-over, of the birds on the rooftops, the crows were after them, and they kept flocking off together and returning.

Suppose the crows are tiring them out so they can gobble up a few of the weaker pigeons?

1mon04As I came to the top of the stairs down to the street level, it was a depressing site.

Flaking walls, rubbish all over and at the bottom liquids of varying types stagnant and stinking?

Then to the ridiculous, absurd and expert liars at the PC World establishment. I inquired at the KnowHow Desk. The chap was supposedly working at the desk, was spread-eagled over it nattering to his mate visiting him about something. I explained everything again: I’d been hacked, bought a new computer (Foolishly from you), your bloke told me they would retrieve what data from the laptop they could and let me know what’s what.

When you delivered it and set up the printer, the block said the old laptop would have to be sent to Birmingham to be done and would let me know later, I paid him an extra £90 for this.

A week (Last Friday) then I called here and asked if there was any news about the job. The youth told me they could not access the laptop to get at the data and needed me to buy a data disc (£35) and they need the password. Supplied him with both. He said his boss would get it sorted by tomorrow for me and I could call Monday to collect it.

It is Monday, andI’ve called to collect it!

“Oh, no man!” Says the whippersnapper to me. It’s got to go to Birmingham…

After the hassle and being conned and lied to by United Carpets, then British ‘Do-as-they-like’ Gas, now PC World have a go at confusing and messing me about!

I politely told the teenager that PC World ought to be renamed Farcical World! He didn’t bat an eyelid, just stared blankly through me and said nothing? 

Bemused, I made my way to the bus stop outside the Boots store and awaited the arrival of the last L9 bus.One passenger was shouting down his mobile phone for fifteen minutes and getting on my nerves after the PC World crap, I was not in a good mood at all. Eventually, he roared to the poor soul on the other end: “I’ll ‘ave to go, batteries dying youth…”

One passenger was shouting down his mobile phone for fifteen minutes and getting on my nerves. It was all the worse cause we were on an electric bus and blokes rasping voice could be heard and suffered by the other passengers.

After the PC World crap, I was not in a good mood at all. Eventually, he roared to the poor soul on the other end: “I’ll ‘ave to go, batteries dying youth…”

I just could not stop myself, I clapped and said, “Hurrah, at last!” The expressions on other passengers faces told me they wanted to cheer too, but the bloke, a big one, turned and gave me a stare that indicated his displeasure and hatred for me! I foolishly stared back at him with contempt on my face. Good job he didn’t get violent, I’d have got marmalised!

I blame PC World for causing my moment of frustration and intolerance!

He gave me a lingering look, and I gave him one back as I got off the bus, which was not a good idea on my part: Cause I missed my footing as I alighted and nearly went over. Still, it gave the big chap a smile as the bus pulled away. Hehehe!

In the flat, WRHD session, a bit of bleeding there, and got the dinner prepared 1mon05much earlier than usual.

It was a feast too, apart from the under-cooked chicken legs that is. Everything else was tasty.

Drained now, after getting up so early again.


1mon08I opened the box that the phone arrived in: Look at this!

I’ve Whoopsidangleplopped again I think. Don’t remember the thing looking like this when I ordered it?

A blooming good job I’ve asked for help in setting it up, innit.

Space-Age Inchcock? Hehe!

I left it in the box in the hope that someone can start from scratch.

Did the washing up, the stomach had calmed down nicely now.

1mon06The sky looked a bit different than of late tonight. Mind you, it has forecast temperatures will fall to -4°c!

Great, now the storage heater in the front room is not working! Twiddled with the controls without any success. I’ll have to mention this to Deana tomorrow, if she gets here, she’s a busy gal.

I got myself well wrapped up, jammies, dressing gown, bedsocks, woolly hat on and slippers.Gogglebox on and what a comedy the attempted viewing was tonight.

Gogglebox on and what a comedy the attempted viewing was tonight. A few minutes, nod-off a few minutes repeatedly until I gave up and got me head down around 2100hrs.

Woken in a state of panic, at 0130hrs, wide awake again!

Leave a Reply