Inchcock Today Fri 7 Oct 16: Hobble to Goose Fair to get some photographicalisationing done – Mistake that turned out to be, Humph!


Friday 7th October 2016

Laid there for a while, trying to recollect the details of the dreams, but only rough outlines were there. Nothing concrete. 0400hrs: Rose out of the £300 second-hand recliner chair and out or a WRHD.

To the kitchen to make a cuppa and take the medications.

Updated the dairies, popped on the scales, realised I needed to get some exercise in, so decided to go to have the walk around the Nottingham Goose Fair later today. Take some piccies for my TFZer cyber pals.

Opened the curtains to find it was raining and very windy outside. This raised the question, should I go out hobbling in this weather?

At 0545hrs, some bad person from the twelfth floor dropped something down the rubbish chute – Tsk! It didn’t bother me, partly due to me partial deafness and me being up anyway, but I thought it was not nice for anyone still sleeping to be woken up at this time in the morning!

Finished the diaries and started this one off. Did a bit more work on the new Graphics for TFZers.

Did the ablutions and carbolicalisationing of my nether regions.

Popped in to see Olive. She was in excellent, good nick again today. After several telling offs, (Well two), she gave me her rubbish bags to drop into the chute and kissed me goodbye. This brought an old song to my mind…

♫ “Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye
Cheerio, here I go, on my way
Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye
Not a tear, but a cheer, make it gay
Give me a smile I can keep all the while
In my heart, while I’m away
‘Till we meet once again, you and I
Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye” ♫

This is, the rather tiring and painful route I then took, to get to the Nottingham Goose Fair, calling into the GP surgery en route.

5fri01a5fri02Set out along Chestnut Walk to the end and right down onto Winchester Hill.

It was threatening to rain again, but the wind was not high as had been forecast. As yet.

As I walked down the hill, a young lady passed me, and I noticed her hair colouring.

5fri03I spied the roof on the National Laundry buildings on the hill. Now V

A bit dodgy looking I thoughts, and this took me back to thinking about the problems with the roof on the old house, and difficulties I had with Cowboy Builders trying to get it sorted out.

I felt so happy suddenly, knowing all 5fri04that is behind me now at last.

As I sang aloud Frank Ifield’s “She Taught Me How to Yodel”.

A young lady overtook me on the pavement and smile at me, then burst out laughing as she carried on!

I have to say; I liked her hair colouring a lot.

I pressed on to Sherwood, then Carrington and called in the surgery to confirm the date and time for my next INR blood test. She verified Tuesday 11th October for my Pneumonia Jab, Tuesday 18th for a for the Reflux Tests, Wednesday 19th for the Trental blood checks and Monday 24th for the next INR test. Glad I went in and asked now! Hehe!

Carried on through Carrington and 5fri06right into Gregory Boulevard passed the island with the Giant Goose on it as is usual and over the zebra crossing.

Along the Boulevard towards the actual Goose Fair Site

Still early yet, not many folks about at 5fri05all.

Spotted this part full bottle of full-fat milk on a tree stump at the side of the road.

As I took a look at it, a Pavement Cyclist nearly had me over; the git brushed against my left arm making me jump a bit. Humph! He was too quick to me photographed, and I’d just 5fri07put the camera away from taking the milk shot.

As I neared the fair, I took this zoomed photographicalisation of it.

Almost barren of visitors?

I turned left at the junction and walked up into the grounds.


5fri08aTook some photographs of food stalls to put on the TFZ site later.

On the way out of the grounds, another Pavement Cyclist almost had me over – got him this time cause I had my camera in my hand taking the food retailers shots.

The git!

5fri09The feet and knees were pretty bad as I climbed the hill and down, the up again into the City Centre.

Noticed this Murder of Crows nearby, and as I could see as I got close to them, it became apparent why they had gathered. One of them had stolen some pitta bread, and they all now wanted a piece.

5fri10I got into town and called at the Poundland Shop and had a look for bargains, as I had a while before the L9 bus was due.

Found some Thermal Socks at two pairs for a quid.

Had a stroll, well, a rather painful limp really, around.

6sat08I noticed that Clinton Street was in its usual cram-packed with shoplifter…, no, I am shoppers condition.

Made my way back to the L9 bus terminus and awaited its arrival.

Thought it might rain for a moment, but it passed.

Caught the bus and when we had gone about 3 miles, the roads were all soaked, so somewhere had the rain then.

Met some tenants at the bus stop when I arrived home, only time the littlest gossip as I was in need of a desperate WRWW and to get into me slippers! Hehe!

Which I did ASAP after getting in. Got the vegetables warming and potatoes simmering. The lamb hotpot ready to go in the oven later.

Sorted the photographs I’d taken and got them on the laptop. Updated this for an hour or so, then got the lamb into the oven.

Anne Gyna was easing off a bit now. Had some tomato juice with the medications then onto Facebook for a while.

Started doing Facebooking and the fire alarm went off. So I’m off to investigate.

Nothing found anywhere, no Emergency services arrived. Am I going potty and hearing things? (More than usual that is, hehe!)

The aches and pains were making me suffer for me marathon hobble. Tsk!

p1120043Took the medications.

Got the fodder served up.

A tasty effort tonight. The last lamb hotpot, Crock-pot vegetables, mushrooms, carrots, swede, garden peas and leeks, two boiled potatoes.

Followed by a lemon drizzle, a banana and an apple. Perfect!

Almost fell asleep eating it, I was so worn out and aching all over. But I’d had a good days exercise and enjoyed doing the photographs.

Tried to watch some TV, but it was a ridiculous attempt, nodded off so many times I got confused as to what time and day it was when kept waking up. Hehehe!

Leave a Reply