Inchcock Today – Tuesday 15th August 2017: Ginormous Hobble, Accifauxpa, Whoopsiedangleplop, Miscalculations, Memory blanks, Dizzies and Blunders impeded progress today!

Those I can recall, anyway

Tuesday 15th August 2017

Thai: วันอังคารที่ 15 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2560

I awoke with the mind vesuviating with the most extreme, and yet extraneous, a nugatory mass of confusing thought-diablerie rattling away, almost painfully so. As soon as I saw the hand-written notice I’d left to remind myself not to forget the INR blood test at 0750hrs, things in the brainbox cleared a lot and the ability to concentrate had become available for me again. Oh, I also had Craig Cramp with me in the legs.

As I dismounted the £300 second-hand recliner, I shuddered at how cold it was this morning. Brr! Then limped to the Porcelain Throne, all went well with this.

Into the kitchen to do the Health Checks and take the medications. It was now that I realised the clock showed 0150hrs, I checked on the other clock, and it was right. Up and at them? Eh? Hehe!

Made a brew and did the readings:

Sys 135, Dia 65, Pulse 74 (Never been lower, but I think this is good?) Temperature high, 35.9 and the weight had down down a tiny bit at 14.81, most welcome, that.

Computer turned on and updated yesterday’s post and got it posted.

An Epson update came through, and I downloaded it. IT said this would take a while, so I went off for a wee-wee and made another brew.

When I got back, it told me it could not find the printer. Turned it off and on again, and it restarted the update. No idea what it downloaded?

I checked the Emails and WordPress reading. Then on Facebooking.

Made the graphic for use at the top of this page. Did some prep work for the TFZer ones.

Ablutions were seen to, no showering this early, cause of the neighbours being disturbed. Made sure the nibbles for the nurses and paperwork were in the bag, checked that I had got the box with the hearing aids in for the audio clinic, and set off.

Departed at 0640hrs, should leave plenty of time for a perusal and photographs of any Nottingham Nature Album planned greenery on the way down to the surgery.

As I went down the steep hill into Sherwood, I spotted this spider up above some bushes. Tried a few times, well many photographicalisations were made, much time was taken in an attempt to get a clear closer shot of it, but failed miserably to get the camera to allow me to. Humph!

Further down and I heard a wood pigeon giving off a mating gurgle and saw another one join the first high up in a Chestnut tree.

The leaves rustled madly, and I did my best to get a clear shot of the romantic couple who were high up in the shrubbery. This is the best I could manage. They are situated in the centre just above half way up. Bless them!

Feeling smug that I’d noticed them, I put the camera back in my pocket and proceeded on down the hill, when Dizzy Dennis attacked, and I had to lean up against someone’s garden wall for a minute or so. Thinking about it, I put this spell down to a self-imposed wobbly session, due to all the head back and up movements during picture taking of the spider and dicky-birds?

Down to the lights and left and up Mansfield Road hill towards Carrington.

A Nottingham Pavement Cyclist zoomed towards me. But she slowed down and gave me a wide berth. Good gal, thanks.

I wobbled along on my way to the surgery. As I passed a bus stop, I saw it was later than I thought and got a move on as fast as I could. All the photographicalisationing and Dizzy Dennis had made me later than planned. I got there at 0746hrs for the 0750hrs appointment. Phew!

I was soon called in by Obergruppenfureress Anne. Not wanting to sound cruel, but how I wished it would have been Nurse Nichole, instead.

“How are you today?” she barked mechanically, as we entered the treatment room. “Fine thank you, how are you?” – “Sit down get your sleeve up, we are only allowed ten minutes to take blood!” That was the end of that conversation!

While she was taking the blood, I bravely told her about the Dizzy Dennis attack, and she asked me what else, should I expect when lifting my head up? I think I apologised.

All done, as I was getting my coat back one, one of the sweetest sounds I’ve heard drifted into my hearing aids! It was the voice of Nurse Nichole. She was even more desirous looking than usual, for she had a sun-tan – of course, she had been away on holiday. My hopes raised that perhaps next weeks blood may be taken by her.

So buoyed up with knowing Nurse Nichole was back, I made the instant decision to walk on even further, into Nottingham and visit the Audio clinic to see if they could help with old hearing aids or even arrange for some new ones for me. Cause it has been a good many years since I had them in the first place and no checks or maintenance has been called for from them (The NHS Audio Clinic people)?

The feet and knees were in a bit of a painful and poor state by the time I’d got half way there. But still, it serves me right!

When I came out of Tesco with edible treats, the rows of plants each had their own human planted displays of Nottingham Street Art. Part of their ‘Smokus Residouous’ range? Hehe!

One even had a condom in it. Huh!

Made my through Nottingham across the Slab Square (The amusements and beach were closed, must open later?) and up Standard Hill to the Audio Clinic. And what a hill it is, in great pain by the time I got there. (Ah, well!)

And, what a couple of Whoopsiedangleplops when I got in and joined the long queue and opened the box with the hearing aids in it. First, they were not in it, they box was empty! And I could not have got anything seen to or repaired anyway because I’d also forgotten to take the Audio Clinic Record Book! Gnash! Fed-up, disgusted, frustrated and indignant with myself. Especially after all the effort time and pain, I went through to get to the clinic. I actually became bellicose with myself. Burk!

Embarrassed? I felt myself going erubescent inside!

Dispirited, I made my way to the L9 bus stop. Going down the hill, which should have been easier was not. The shoes rubbed on the corns and hard skin and grew more irritable with me.

Got on the bus, and it was the friendly nice lady driver. She pointed out that it was too early to use the Pensioners bus-pass that I had presented her with. What a day! She told me to sit down and swipe it later, with a smile on her face. I gave her some nibbles and thanked her.

Gave her an extra nibble as I got off at the flats. I got some funny looks from the regulars in the queue to get on the bus. I bet they wondered where I’d been so early. Hehe!

In the flat and got the Porcelain Throne first job that needed tending to. Made a brew and got the computer on.

It took me hours to get the photographs sorted and arranged to go on this diary, as I updated it.

After which, I chopped some red onions and parsnips, sprayed them with oil and got them into the oven. Got the mackerel marinating in sweet BBQ sauce. Peas and mushrooms in the saucepan. Chopped the beetroot and apple with the tomatoes drenched in balsamic vinegar, all ready for when the parsnips and onions are done. I hope

Later, I spread some flat bread with imitation butter.

Made a map of the ginormous hobble today.

Medicalisationing carried out.

Made a super nosh, but for some reason when it came to downloading the photograph of it, I could not find it in the camera? Only the secondary shot of the naughty fresh cream French Horn cakes from Tesco that I took at the same time at the side of the plate?

The recipe or ingredients have changed on these what used to tasty delights. I shall not bother repurchasing them again.

Wearied with my exertions even more than usual, I got the Boon DVD on to watch some more. A futile gesture I should have known would only send me into hectic nod-off periods. But, they were only lasting a few minutes. The mind seemed to be going ballistic in its determination to tease and unsettle me, and it took hours before I got to sleep properly, not good.

TTFN folks.

2 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Tuesday 15th August 2017: Ginormous Hobble, Accifauxpa, Whoopsiedangleplop, Miscalculations, Memory blanks, Dizzies and Blunders impeded progress today!

Leave a Reply