Inchcock Today – Friday 24th November 2017: The day started Poorly – ended up Farcically. Tsk!

Friday 24th November 2017

Africaans: Vrydag 24 November 2017

0020hrs: Awoke and waited a few moments for the brain to join me. Now united again, I moved the limbs and as if in unison, the Incisor Suzie, Arthur Itis, Anne Gyna and Duodenal Donald; all let me know it was not going to be a good day, as I struggled out of the £300 second-hand recliner. (They were right – Vey is mir!)

Made a mug of tea and off to the Porcelain Throne. Sanguineous results, a yucky, messy affair this morning. The cleaning up afterwards took a long time.

By my arrival back in the kitchen, the tea had gone cold.

Did the Health Checks.

Made another mug of tea and got the medications imbibed. I realised the pot of last nights doses had not been taken, so I belatedly took just the Warfarin and Pentoxifylline Blood-release Trental with the morning dosages. When I thought of it later, bearing in mind the lousy Throne session, an ADRC capsule.

Started this diary off up to here, then finished off yesterdays. Checked emails.

0440hrs: Onto Facebooking. 0629hrs: Off of Facebook.

WordPress Reading next. Then Emails.

Sister Jane sent one, with this picture of the local newspaper showing her at the Friary meeting. Apparently, giving a lecture at the lectern? Hehehe!

Had a quick go on CorelDraw and the next graphic preparing.

I did a desperate search to find the liquid Morphine. I know the medics have stopped me taking it until the Haemorrhoids Strangulation operation, but I am confident I had a drop left to use in an emergency. But no. None found at all. I suppose this is due to me memory problems, like the phone yesterday I thought… and that reminded me, and I did a search for that. Humph!

Gave up and did the ablutions.

Sorted the rubbish bins and took them out with me dropping them off down the chute and continuing out into the sunny but oh, so cold day.

Passing the Obergruppenfurheresses shed, Jenny popped out the door and said she was sorry about my not hearing of the day change for the Social Hour, bless her.

Walke down to the Dentists and explained the problems I’m having in getting a provable Warfarin INR level reading in time for me to get to see you in time, to try and get an appointment to get the teeth done. Also about the GP surgery letting me down by not Emailing me the results as they said they would. The pain is getting worse, and I wondered if they could do anything to help me now it has been two months of waiting. A quick click-click on her computer and she explained why they can do nothing about this, but I have an appointment in January. I could have saved my self a lot of time in the first place, by just saying to her; “Ug mjamanda eeck Zorrow, waglabond ug, peed-off!”

Back up to the flats in time to catch the L9 bus. Gave a few nibbles out and had a chinwag or two. The lovely girl from the end care-home arrived, and I listened to how she was going on. She’s got her weight up and the holiday to the Mediterranean was still on for her.

On to the bus, well-packed one to town today. I wanted to get some Pea Snacks from the Chinese shop on Goosegate.

When I alighted from the bus, something about the view across the road, I found attractive and photographable.

Te scene belayed how cold it was, though.

The bright blue sky, the towering crane where the Hockley Woolworths used to be, and now a building site for them to erect even more Students Living Accommodation flats.

It looks as if they are going to high ones again.

Up Goosegate, over the traffic lights and to the Chinese Shop. I got a little annoyed with myself when I realised they do not open for hours yet. I did this months ago and should have remembered indeed.

I abandoned the plans to get the nibbles and had a walk around deciding to get some photographs as I did so. A bit further up the road, I spotted this shop, now with the upstairs apparently converted into living quarters. I took this one because it took me back to the 1960s when I worked there at Tesco, which was behind where I stood to get this shot.

On the very short walk further up, I’d countered four hairdressers and six eateries that were not there a few months ago.

At the Broad Street junction, .two things caught my eye.

The plastic Cow had still not been stolen. Although on closer inspection, it had apparently been damaged and repaired a few times.

And another new eatery. The name above the windows? Sexy Mamma Love Spaghetti? Hehe!

Over the and down the hill into the Slab Square and the Festive market stalls and rides. It looked like the Ice Rink was about to open very soon. I noticed they were putting the finishing touches on the cabin where people pay before skating.

Then, I left the square and wondered over to Lister Gate and the Pound World outlet, to see if they had any chocolate nougat, Misshaped chocolate brazils, or Screw-top containers in stock yet.

Came out with a small thin but high mug, some misshape brazils, a tin of nought with fruit & nuts and a kitchen sieve. Paid at the Self-Serve tills.

When I departed from the store, there was a lady Big issue Seller outside. She looked so cold, my heart went out and gave her a fiver.

Walked to the bus stop through Slab Square. The way they do these temporary retail huts up in decorations and false snow is lovely.

The shops, even the eateries were not doing much trade today, mind.

At the top of Queen Street, I took this photograph of some of the Nottingham buses so I can post it to TFZer creator Sandie in America.

That is, of course, if I remember too. I think the possibility of my forgetting may well be highly possible. Haha!

On the bus and got a lot of crosswording done en route to the apartments and home. Met Welsh Bill and Knowall Nigel (No idea what his name really is) on the way from the bus stop.

I was so tired and weary when I got in the flat. A wee-wee, washed the new little cup to try it. Not a success at all. Fair enough, it did keep the tea warmer longer, but as TFZer Shirley (Or was it Mary?) said, it was highly dribble-able when in use. I had more tea on my chin and shirt than what got down the throat. Haha!

Took a photo of the beloved tree Copse outside, so sad with the leaves dwindling.

The drilling outside and inside at the flat next door was horrendous.

Medications taken, Health Checks were done while I heated the tomatoes and franks slowly in the saucepan. A miserable meal in many ways, this was. I got it all on the tray, as usual, I took a photo. (That this morning I cannot find on the camera card?) The tomatoes were not very good, the franks too terribly painful for the teeth and I ate little of it. The two slices of the Scottish Bread were tasty.

Put the tray down on the other chair, turned on the TV and fell asleep. Woke a couple of hours later when the phone burst into life. Struggled out of the £300 second-hand recliner to get to the handset before whoever it was ringing, rang off, much to Hippy Hilda’s annoyance. It was Jenny. Asking about some raffle prize chocolates I got and asked if I could order some for her and Frank on the next order. T’was my pleasure. After she rang off, I got the computer on straight away and added them to my request for next Thursday. Jenny is in for a pleasant surprise, they are now on Special Offer and half the price they were before!

But don’t tell her yet. Hehehe! I like being able to help someone, it doesn’t happen often. I made a brew and took these pictures of the outside view. Top one from the living room, and bottom from the kitchen window.

Then I glanced down and saw these two vans in front of the foyer.

My EQ told me they were up to something not right. They looked like hire vans so it may be the people who were here this morning clearing out a deceased resident’s flat? Or, not of course. Could be someone moving in?

I didn’t like them for using loads of orange recycling bags to take some stuff out when I only get five or six a fortnight and use one a day! Not that it bothers me seeing folks doing their shopping in with them, when I have to buy white bags to use, but it doesn’t bother me, oh no! Spit! Makes it worse me having a defective memory and forgetting to ask for some every time I see the Obergruppenfurheress or Untergefrieteress. But I don’t mind!

Found a letter stuck in the box. Jobs coming up with the flat upgrade. Wed 13th Dec- Survey – Fri 5th January; Isolate Heaters (That’ll be nice in January, Hehe!) I can use the electric fire and portable radiator though… why not go into liquidation this way?  Mon 8th January Heaters to install.

Feeling all out-of-order now. The nodding off and getting up and starting to do stuff again, threw my internal clock out of sync and I just cannot get to sleep.

Peeped at the TV paper, the England Ladies Football Match, against Bosnia and Herzegovina was showing again. So I watched it. All the way through and enjoyed it and did not nod-off once! Put a DVD on and watched an episode of Rumpole of the Bailey, all the way through again. Put the TV on and that did it, first set of commercials and I was off to sleep.

Only to be woken at what ungodly hour I do not know, by the flaming Fire Alarm Strobe and pillow shaker going off! Of course, I had to get up out of the recliner, put the hearing aids in and go to investigate. Looked out of the window to see if any Fire Service vehicles were there, none were. Checked the door handle with the back of my hand for any heat, it was cold, very cold actually. Opened the door to listen out for any alarms going, heard none. This is now about six times this has happened with no main-alarm going off, in the two weeks since it was fitted for me by the Nottingham City Homes. Each time, I tell myself to communicate this to Warden Obergruppenfurheress Deana, and every time I forget to. Being the weekend again (I hate weekends) there is no one available to report it to, thus giving me a more extended period to forget to. Haha!

The much needed, desired and therapeutic sleep was hard to obtain. The mind did its own thing. Lost its limited aquity. Ambivalence reigned within my grey cells containment box. Perplexing, blurring and confounding thoughts buzzed around without logicality nor understanding.

Sleep eventually arrived, but after perhaps an hour, I was up and on the flipping Porcelain Throne!

Forgive me while I cry! Hehehe!

12 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Friday 24th November 2017: The day started Poorly – ended up Farcically. Tsk!

  1. I loved The Five share a hospital bed…image 😆
    That is such a long time to wait for the dentist:(
    I’m glad you got to help someone. It really does make a difference doesn’t it?
    Take care ❤

    • Thanks, Mon Ami my petal.
      You are so right, about being able to assist someone. It makes one feel some self-worth.
      50f here in the kitchen. 34f outside and drizzling. I’ve put my fingerless gloves on to type. Hehe!
      Hope you and Bertie are snug ovr there. TTFN XXX

      • If you ever need more fingerless gloves let me know and I’ll make you some 🙂
        Bertie’s lying in a patch of sunshine on the floor. I’m about to hang some washing on the line then I’ll settle down with a cuppa and do a few more rounds on another pair of leg warmers.
        TTFN xxx
        PS…I meant it about the hand warmers 🙂

      • Bless you kind lady. ♥
        That Bertie is clever, could tell when I saw his photo on you blog.
        I didn’t manage any sleep last night. So I’m going to try agin when I’ve eten the stilton, buttered bread and Marmite crisps. Take care, thanks. XXX

Leave a Reply