Inchcock Today Monday 1 Aug 2016: Up early for laundry… WRHD problems…


Monday 1st August 2016

Woke around 0335hrs: Struggled out of the refusing to work this morning £300 second-hand recliner chair, trod on me picker-up and bent the arm, swore and off for a WRWW.

Feeling drained still, but knew the washing needed doing early so I could get things ready for the cleaner-boss-lady who Olive is bringing to see me later. Also, I’d got a fodder delivery coming soon.

Got the dirty laundry readied and set off down to the laundry room. Into the washer (the clothes, not me like) and back up to the flat. WRWW, not WWHD yet.

Cuppa and took the medications, laptop on to start this off, to the wetroom for a WWHD, but after a bit of pain trying to pass, I failed. Oh dear, more bother?

Put a cloth and cleaner into the bag to wipe down the laundry room with, and found the Vitoria Wood book I’ve been searching for for a few days in the bag!

Did a bit of graphic making to use later, the back to the throne to try again… Huh! Waste of effort that was, much pushing and urging, blasts of escaping wind and pongs between verbal curses, I gave up and went down to the laundry room to titivate it and collect the washing.

10k30555hrs: The day was breaking when I got down to sort the washing out.

Got the clothes in the bag, cleaned the filter out on the dryer, cleaned the grotty powder trays and took a photo out through the foyer outer doors.

Not cold at all.

Back up to the flat and deposited the clean gear in the airing cupboard and hung some up.

Another attempt at a WRHD, failed again, made another cup of tea and took a senna tablet.

Checked the calendar. Morrisons delivery 0700>0800 hours, the cleaning lady boss (and Olive I hope) sometime after 1230hrs. Perused the emails. Did some Facebooking.

Updated this diary and did some graphicationalising and some more Facebooking – far too long really.

The Morrison delivery arrived, no substitutions or missing goods. The frozen new Zealand minted lamb chops looked beautiful, and now I have some more oven chips in stock to leave out of the freezer and melt like the other day. (Tsk!)

Got my ablutions done, in readiness for Olive and the cleaning company boss to call. Grand shower, weighed me… but, let’s not talk about that eh. (A cough!)

The hygiene ladies arrived with Olive who introduced them to me. Much patient verbal help was given, and we agreed once a fortnight visits, starting this Wednesday. They have some curtains for me to use, and said they would fit them!!! Bless their cotton socks!

I went back to Olive’s with them and gave her the Freesia flower bouquet and she told me off but gave me a kiss (Readers, forgive me while go all gooey for a moment please). I can go and see her after 1400hrs tomorrow. INR Warfarin Blood test at 1230hrs, so this fits in nicely. Nice change that.

Back to the flat and got the nosh on. Stew, potatoes with cabbage ( I know I’m not supposed to each cabbage nowadays, but there as there are only very few grammes in it?) I’ll put a beef slice in with it after ten minutes, then they will both hopefully, be ready at the same time… Oh, better do it now… all done and in the oven.

P1110473I really did enjoy this fodder, the cabbage potato tasted so good.

Got the meal and checked if owt was on the box to watch.

Some very old Top Gear programmes were on.

I took an extra Senna tablet with the medications, to hopefully avoid a late and painful WRHD session in the morning.

For a change, I nodded off earlier than of late, and in a more contented state?

2 thoughts on “Inchcock Today Monday 1 Aug 2016: Up early for laundry… WRHD problems…

  1. You realize the joke only works if you use a British accent. But it’s a good joke once you get it in the right accent perspective.

Leave a Reply