Inchcock Today Mon 8 Aug 16: Whoopsiedangleplop and Prize Plonker Day of the year so far!



Monday 8th August 2016

0340hrs: Gave up trying to get to sleep. Feeling in decent form and the ailments seemingly in a calm mood, I climbed out of the now working again £300 second-hand recliner chair and off for a WWHD job. Oh dear, much blood from the  rear end, and painful passing.

11aHad a little dizzy spell. After which as I made my way into the kitchen to make a brew and take the medications, the stomach almost erupted, stabbing pains and it seemed to churn and rumble something rotten.

I popped onto the scales… Humph!

With the tummy churning away, and now the vision blurring a bit, I got the laptop on to finish the Sunday diary and start this one.

I felt a bit apprehensive about these ailments coming at the same time. Took some extra Peptac in the hope that this might calm down the innards a bit.

The wind was blowing in nastily through the air vent and edges of the windows, right up me bare legs under my dressing gown. Hehe! I put me trousers on.

Did some Facebooking (three & a half hours, huh!) while I could, then checked the emails, then some graphicalisationing, all between WRWWs.

I want to go out today now the toe is a lot better, and get to see the ducks in the Arboretum Pond and feed them with the earthworm pellets that they seem to like. Sorted the rubbish and took the bags to the chute.

I got the ablutions done and changed ready to set out to catch the L9 bus into town. I got as far as the lift and realised 11b I’d left the hearing aids – back to the flat to collect them.

Back out and in the lift, just arriving at the ground floor when I remembered I had not got the mobile phone with me – 11b back to the flat to collect it.

Once more, back down the lift and to the bus stop this time… Oh dear oh dear… 11b No Bus-pass with me! – back up to the flat and down just in time to catch the bus!

Then, 11b getting on the bus, I tried to swipe in with my Hearing Aid card! Huh!

Arrived in town and walked to the Arboretum from the bus stop. 01d 01c

A Nottingham Pavement Cyclist joined the pedestrian as we crossed over and I went passed the new Cinema, showing Trolls, and passed the university buildings and up Waverley Street to the Arboretum.

On entering the gate, I spotted a new bit they have created, a beautiful bed of flowers and plants, and an instruction sign/guide.

01f01gTook a photograph through the trees and bushes on the side of the pond.

Rather lovely I thought.

I could see some pigeons and many Mallard ducks further on near the aviary, and made my way to them with the pot of earthworm pellets and seeds to feed the little mites with.

01hThe Mallards came from far and wide to dine.

01iAfter talking to and feeding them, I made my way out to go to Tesco for some fodder and a wander around.

As I left the grounds, twp Nottingham Cyclist were coming towards me on the wrong side of the road, and this very near the tram lines! The both seemed happy enough, and they soon moved onto the pavement.

At Tesco, I invested in two for £3 lamb hotpot ready meals, Two yoghurts, potato cakes, some spread, wholemeal thins, a pack of Boczek and amazingly a two pack of fresh cream horns fell out of the fridge and into my basket as I walked by them?

I paid the gal on the checkout and checked the time, I could just make the L9 bus stop in time with any luck. So I painfully legged it ASAP to the shelter. Met a fellow tenant at the bus stop. When the bus arrived: 11b I couldn’t find the bus pass! I had to let the bus go without me and felt such a fool! I searched through the bags and my pockets, eventually finding the bus pass in my inside pocket! Humph!

01jI had an hour to kill until the last L9 bus of the day. So foolishly I went to the Slab Square and took some piccies of the Nottingham Beach – which was near to the Primark shop, and I went in to have a look around and came out with three long sleeved shirts/jumpers, another £18 quid spent on unwanted attire!

P1110546Caught the bus on Queen street.

The weather turned sunny for a while and the wind seemed to drop somewhat.

I was soon back at the flats and making a beeline for a WRWW with some urgency.

Made a cuppa and got this updated to here.

Some mail arrived, at first, I dreaded that the British Gas might have sent another demand, but no. Twas a letter from the Council, instructing me to fill in the Voting form and return it within three days.

Called to see Olive, going to take one of the Fresh Cream Horns for her, I departed and as I got to her flat, realised I hadn’t taken the cream horn with me, went back to fetch it, and went into the front room to collect the Voting letter so Olive could clarify things with it for me – oh dear! 11b

Plaster LegI did a Whoopsiedangelplop into and over new Ottoman!

I believe I said “Oh, flipping heck” Didn’t half sting. Hehe!

Hobbled to Olive’s flat, and she smilingly greeted me, but she was not very well herself.

She accepted the cream horn without telling off too much this time.

Then, the gal set to medicating me leg wounds and putting plasters on them for me. I felt so lucky to have Olive there. We had a good long chinwag and laugh.

I had to leave and get back once again for a WRWW, and I got the chips in the oven and updated this again.

10The meal, a wholemeal salad sandwich with sausage, oven chips, onions, beetroot, green and yeow tomatoes, fresh raw garden peas and the evening medications, followed with a banana, satsuma and honey yoghourt looked most appetising once I’d got it all prepared and arrange neatly on the plate ready for my consumption!

The Pleasures of Dining Alone:

It was a little uncomfortable eating it, though: 11b As I settled on top of the £300 second-hand recliner chair, tray on my belly, feet up and tucking into the feast, the seat went down on its own accord…

I got out of it to pick up the chips and peas that had been ejected from the plate onto me, the chair and the floor, and banged first, the already black and swollen left middle toe, then 11b I caught the newly injured right shin on the cupboard door as I extracted the brush and dustpan for use. The blood flowed from both plasters down the leg and soaked my sock.

Well, I thought, these things are sent to try us, or words of a nearly similar nature. Hehe!

By the time I’d sorted everything out, the cleaning and clearing up, the wounds replastered and medicated, two hours had passed since the Whoopsiedagleplop occurred before I got settled once again to eat what cold bits of the meal I had managed to retrieve.   

I even managed to tread on fallen fork on the floor that I’d missed. Now bent, bloodied and in the rubbish recycling bin.

Which is where I thought I should be!

A new standard of pissed-offed-ness, depression, frustration and lack of confidence reigned!

Thoughts of a defeated nature lingered… Humph!

2 thoughts on “Inchcock Today Mon 8 Aug 16: Whoopsiedangleplop and Prize Plonker Day of the year so far!

    • Bless you my flower! All improved medically thank you kindly. The black toe less black, the lesions on the shin a lot easier and healing well too.
      The spirits are up, because I’ve made people laugh out lour twice today. I love doing that. Hope your doing well? X

Leave a Reply