Inchcock Today – Saturday 23rd December 2017

Saturday 23rd December 2017

Irish: Dé Sathairn 23 Nollaig 2017

0005hrs: I stirred in the £300 second-hand recliner. All night, every time I moved, Hippy Hilda gave me pain and woke me up. On this occasion, I decided to get up and do the laundry duties. I recalled dreaming about my giving away cars to people?

Lifting the right Hippy Hilda leg had never been more laborious or more painful. Why do these things always kick-off when the GP surgery is closed, and the A & E are short staffed? This reminded me of last Christmas when I had the ‘Blank Spell’ and Olive called the ambulance. A right rollicking five-hour wait to be seen, a two-hour delay to see the Cardiac Specialist, told I will have to be admitted because there is no way they can release me with the Warfarin INR level being so low. An hour wait on a trolley in a corridor for a bed, then told I was being released at midnight! No buses, I had no money for a taxi, not that any were available at that time on Christmas Eve morning, followed by a three-hour walk home!

A wee-wee and rinse, then got the clothing ready for the laundry room, took the mobile phone, empty glass jars and bottle for the recycling bin and camera down with me as well.

The lift was a bit wet, a sweet smell lingered and permeated the air in there.

Got the washing in the machine.

Went out as to the recycling bin with the jars.

No rain and not too cold out there at the moment.

Up and to the wet room for another wee-wee. On the way up, the irritational-itching started around the rib cage, just under the armpits, back and front. I think I had this during the night as well, but Hippy Hilda held all my attention as she was more painful.

Took the medications and did the Health Checks. The Sys had come down at last at least.

Down to the laundry room to move the things to the dryer.

The filter had been cleaned by the previous user, that was nice. I did drop some items in the transferring process, and boy did Hippy Hilda let me know her displeasure at my having to bend down to retrieve them. Hehe!

I limped back to the flat, had a wee-wee, scratched my back on the corner of the door, it hurt, but I had no other choice but to do this. The front of the torso was far more comfortable to scratch at.

I made a start on this diary, completely forgetting to finish off yesterday’s first. Tsk!

I was trying to do some more satisfying clawing and scraping of the rib cage and knocked the notepad off of the desk. Actually, the 1964 E-Plan cabinet. Noticed the scrawl I’d done about the bat that had been found and had stopped the work on the building. At this, I looked up the Soprano Pipistrelle Bat and got a photo of one from the web.

Native Rare: The Soprano Pipistrelle is a priority species in the UK Biodiversity Action Plan. I assume they are like toads, a protected species.

I wish they would declare me a protected species. Haha!

Getting up out of the chair to go down to collect the laundry was horrendous. I was going to take the walking stick down with me but realised I’d most likely get myself all tangled up with it getting the stuff out and sorted. And there would be a strong chance of my forgetting to bring it back with me.

Hobbled down and retrieved the clothes from the dryer. Cleaned the filter and casings. Then folded the togs and got them in the bag. I managed to drop a pair of socks, and what a farce trying to get down to pick them up. Humph!

Back to the apartment and got the things in the airing cupboard.

To the Porcelain Throne. A longish session, that resulted in a proper clean-up after struggling to get up off of the WC! At least Haemorrhoid Harold was not bleeding.

Back to doing this post up to here. Realised I’d not completed the Friday post yet, so I did so.

Facebooked and then went to the WordPress Reader.

Mug of tea and started the ablutions. Lifting the right leg to get into the jammies without too much pain from the Hippy Hilda area was a significant problem. I now find that swelling of the already bloated tummy on my right side had grown and firmed up.  Haemorrhoid Harold started bleeding again. Then Dizzy Dennis began with short visits. I tried to get a look at my back where the irresistible itching around the torso is located, to take a photo of it. But could not get into a decent enough position to get a clear photo for me to analyse the problem.

I hoped that a repeat of last year with the problems with the ‘Blank-Spots’ and hospitalisation that ruined the holiday, doesn’t start again.

I realised that I had not seen or spoken to anyone for over36 hours – thank heavens for the internet. Depression appeared from nowhere, and for an hour or so, I was living with a different person. Dark thoughts that slowly dissipated into the ether from which they came. To be replaced with guilt and shame, embarrassment and even more pain from Hilda’s location as I attempted to clean my lower regions and extremities. I had to use the extended scrubbing brush for them.

A conundrum as to why, but I perked-up as I got the nosh prepared, and I liked this alto-ego. (Is that the right word? I’ll have to look it up later).

I reheated three of the ‘Rustic Cobs’ in the oven for ten minutes. Buttered them well with just a touch of garlic salt and parsley. Sliced some tomatoes and dribbled them with Balsamic sauce, Stilton Cheese sliced an apple, potato chips, the tasty Mushroom pate and the Aldi BBQ chicken wings.

A mistake in getting them. I expected nothing like the tongue-burning blast of burning-hot flavour that threatened what few teeth I have left, and tonsils, with my first, and only bite of them! Straight in the bin!

The rest of the meal contents were much enjoyed. Even with the noises starting from ‘Herbert’ in the flat above. My sense of humour returned as I thought; “I hope he’s constructing a spaceship so he can get home to his planet ‘Noisygit’? Hehe!

Stubbed my toe on the way into the kitchen to put the meal things in the sink to soak.

Took the medications and did the Health Checks. Then Made up next weeks dosage pots.

The evening sky was multi-coloured.

Settled to watch a DVD, but failed to get through it due to falling asleep so often, waking up and rewinding, then nodding off again… Gave up and tried to sleep and couldn’t nod-off!



14 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Saturday 23rd December 2017

  1. I think you should be on the endangered list, and protected as well. It doesn’t seem like my application to the Nottingham University to award you an Honorary PhD went anywhere. They probably didn’t take the Yank seriously. Having a PhD might have upped your chances of getting on the protected pensioners’ list. That photo of the construction paraphernalia looks a bit cagy. Aches and pains seem to know when medical services aren’t available. That is a very well arranged plate of food, but the hot wings grabbed you by the tonsils and shook you around a little? It’s good the rest of the meal was decent enough.

    • Hehe! Thanks.
      I could only manage one bite of chicken. I’m not man enough to cope with that yet. When I grow up, I might manage to. Hehehe!
      Hild Hips and the leg fluids are not being kind to me at all. Now, I wake up in the dumps! Tsk! I will not give in! Haha! Have a great holiday break with your better half and the furries, Sir. TTFN

Leave a Reply