Sat 11 July 2015: Inchcock Today – Whoopsiedangleplop encountered!

Saturday 11 July 2015


0540hrs: Out of the kitchen window – Wonderful!

Up at 0500hrs: Mind racing trying to remember what I had to do, I knew there were some important things that I didn’t have time to do yesterday. But could I find the list wot I wrote yesterday?


The skin cancer wound was itching like mad again, the little Inch had not been bleeding so much thankfully, Anne Gyna was a tad bothersome, Arthur Itis not too bad yet. Ulcer okay despite me having had me chips last night, the hernia playing up, but with all the lifting I’ve been doing I sort of expected this.

Had a dizzy spell when I got up and moved the quilt throw and jammies into the empty bedroom. Bit bothered about this, I don’t usually get them early in a morning?

Probably all the hassle and worry about so many things to get sorted yet and no progress being made.

At least it’s weekend now, so I should have time to get some things done without appointments.

Duncan, a cyber-mate is coming on Sunday to see me – not only that, he’s bringing a swivel chair he no longer uses for me! That is really kind of him and appreciated. Lifted me this news did. He said he’ll be here early on Sunday – I’m really looking forward to meeting him.

Lynt02This will be the second cyber-buddy I’ve met. Lynton Cox (A grand bloke) came to see me at the flea-pit earlier this year, and we had a jolly good chin-wag and he helped me with advice and encouragement too. Another decent sort indeed a bit special my Cyber-mates are.

He treated me to a nosh in a cafe as well.

Made a cuppa and took me medications.

Noticed that the bruising on me wrist that DSCF0062no one seemed concerned about when I tripped on a lose kitchen floor tile and reported it to the City Home Obergruppenfurher, had got bigger?

They just may read this and feel guilty about ignoring me plea for the tiles to be secured? Or not like.

Hey-ho, I’ve glued it down now, hopefully.

I checked the bus time-table, there are only four buses to town on a Saturday. First one at

1030hrs. Last one back from town at 1505hrs. Still, better than a Sunday there are no buses on Sundays. Still, the pensioners free bus-pass is getting less use.

I keep checking the hot water situation, but it is not hot enough to have a wash in yet, let alone have a shave – back to boiling a kettle then later perhaps? Not good!

Made another cuppa and carried out the porcelain functions. No blood from the haemorrhoids.

So busy it’s unbelievable – I had hoped that when I got to old age things would settle down and be easier. But no, it’s more hassle and hecticness than ever before – can’t remember half the things I need to do, let alone get them done.

Still no hot water Tsk!

Did some Facebooking and started this blog off.

BusTTPut a photo of the bus time table on TFZ, here it is.

Eight trips to town on a weekday, four on a Saturday and none – yes, not any on a Sunday.

This will take some getting used to.

I thought about sorting the carpets out and then thought maybe best to get all the repairs out of the way first? I don’t know, feel so alone and useless at the moment.

So much to do and nowt much getting done like.

Not feeling too good now for some reason, feeling a bit queasy and light headed. Oh dear.

CityRain I decided I had time to make up some pots of medications – oh dear…

Just about half way through them and noticed as I counted each pot, that one of the morning pots only had 8 pills in it – worked out which was missing (Beta-blocker) and opened the cupboard above to get some out and Arthur Itis made me fingers stiffen and do their own thing and I knocked over the boxes that fell onto the open pots below that I’d just made up, spilling them all over the damned place.

Took me ages to sort them out, throw away the ones that had been on the floor and checked to see that the right pills were replaced in each pot. By then it was getting close to the bus coming time and I had to rush and have a wash and shave in semi-warm water – naturally I cut missen shaving again. Wot a plonka!

L9route1Got missen ready and things that I need (I hoped) for the trip in me bag and set off to the bus-stop.

I caught the L9 bus and enjoyed the elongated route it took to town.

No idea how the driver got it through the tortuous side roads it had to take.

The locals on the bus were in a chatty mood between them themselves – by the time we had gotten into town I was particularly worried about Enid and her arthritis in her left shoulder.

And Gladys was desperate to find and buy a tea-cosy like the one her mum had knitted for her in 1944.

A chap who’s name was not mentioned was running low on hearing-aid batteries.

DSCF0065I hobbled down Queen Street across the slab square and down Exchange Walk to the bank.

I asked for and got, some 20p pieces I could save to use in the flats launderette. Then had to see an advisor to get me address changed.

She informed me that I had got me security code numbers wrong on two occasions, and they had to be changed. Huh! If I couldn’t remember those how do you expect me to remember a new one!

Ah-well, she suggested if I had a new flat, I could use that number and the number of the old house or visa-versa. I was getting headache now. After much mind puzzling thought I came up with random numbers and just hoped I’d remember them. (Mmm…) we’ll see.

Left and went to call at the Jessops camera shop to ask them if they could show me how to change the size of photo’s stored on me card in the camera – but they were too busy.

I nearly set off to walk to the Audio Clinic – but being as keen as mustard and having a sharp alert brain – I’d only got half way there when like a shot, I realised it was Saturday. (Fool!)

DSCF0066So I poddled back down the hill into the City Centre.

Where I was glad to find the Nottinghomian citizenry had not lost their ability to ignore the red pedestrian crossing lights on Red.

I only saw two or three pedestrian cyclist in town today as well.

On me way to the Pound Shop I passed a DSCF0068couple of newly wedded personages outside the old Victoria Hotel, now named the Hilton Hotel on Milton Street.

I took photo of them so Mike and Shirley, or any other couple could do some reminiscing like.

The Jaguar E type they had hired wasn’t half stinking of petrol – a leak there somewhere there must have been. Even the shoplifters nearby where mentioning it – but the happy couple didn’t seem to mind.

I was a bit bonifate in avoiding a turbo-charged Mobility Scooter driven my an aged lady with gritted teeth and a stare on her face that said without sound “Move!”

got to the pound shop and got some bits I thought I might need – a strainer, two fresh air citrus bulb things that I can’t make smell of anything when I got back to the flat?, oven tray for me chips, laptop hoover, a box of tea bags, a mug and a little sewing kit. I ask you, wot a plonker! Buying a sewing kit with my arthritic hands? Huh!

So, onward to Tesco and got some bread thins. some individual long life Carnation milk pots in case I run out of milk again and some New Zealand apples. Nice they are, very juicy and crisp!

Had a while before the bus back was due, so had a plod around the slab square amidst the roller-bladers, skateboarders and shoplifters having a rest and bite to eat.

Caught the bus back to Woodthorpe Court. 01topa

Dropped off the bus at Woodthorpe Court and as I entered noticed the laundry had a free machine and drier – so went up and deposited me bags and took me laundry down to do. Cause hopefully tomorrow when Dunc’ the Man comes I’ll be busy like having a great chin-wag.

DSCF0069When I got in the room one of the washing machines had no water? So I used the other one. Not used that one before and it was different to t’other one and I last me money first go. Tsk! Tried again and got it right. Went into the foyer with me crossword book and had a chat with some of the ‘girls’ having their hair done in the next room.

Transferred the clothes into the drier, they seem to have been cleaned well and did me DSCF0070cross-wording again in the foyer.

Two police officers arrived and ran to the lift and up to a flat or other.

Hello I thought! Well, yer would wouldn’t yer like?

The officers cam back down and out to their car, looking very gloomy-faced?

I went out fro a walk as the drier takes an hour to finish.

I soon came back in sharpish – blimey the weather up ‘ere don’t half change quick. Talk about blowing a storm up, the wind was cruel! Mind you, they have given heavy rain out fer Sunday and Monday.

I thought the drier had done an excellent job again. Said me cheerio’s to the gals and made me way back up to the flat.

Put the togs in the airing cupboard – and put on the immersion heater as the water was cold again.

DSCF0071I opened one of the pound shop Air bubbles and could smell nothing at all?

Zilch in the aroma stakes!

I tried to read the instructions on the other one but it was impossible – the letters looked like dots they were so small. Huh!


DSCF0073Made a nice strong cup of tea, well mug of tea with the pound shop tea ‘D’ bags.

Laptop on and updated this tripe.

Found a good station on the internet – listening to Big Band Swing at the moment on there Jazz section.

Bloomin’ good stuff! and free!

Big Band Swing music classics.

Just made a cuppa and toyed with the lemon air freshener thingy again – I now have a lemon scented kitchen floor, slippers and trousers.

going to do some Facebooking now although it’s getting late fer me – I’m all excited about Dunc coming to see me.


4 thoughts on “Sat 11 July 2015: Inchcock Today – Whoopsiedangleplop encountered!

    • Thanks petal. Found some terrible draughts coming in this morning in the kitchen from behind and around the wall cabinets, I’m putting a doctored photo of them in todays Diary. Blimey its no wonder I can’t get rid of me cold. Hehe! Hope your keeping well pet. Thanks.

Leave a Reply