Inchcock Today – Fri 25 Sept 15: Day of rest… of sorts

Friday 25th September 2015


The kitchen this morning, a mess. Corner-stand in the middle of the room still drying, wood polish, cleaners all over the place, the leaked Flash spray to sort, hey-ho!

Kept springing waking all through the night until about 0300hrs as I recall, dream filled but cannot recall them. Yet I reckon I got a total of over 7 hours in, and woke still feeling drained.

But realised I had to get so much done today and was visiting Jane and Pete this afternoon. I must remember I have to ring them first to make sure it was okay for me to go, as instructed by Pete yesterday.

Cuppa and took me morning medications, had an extra painkiller because I missed me medications last night. Tsk!

The reflux valve and angina were bad because of this. The toothache still there but not too bad at the moment.

Made another cuppa and laptop on. Finished yesterdays diary and posted it, checked emails, then had a bash on Facebook while I had the chance. So much still to do today, not going to be an easy one methinks.

Hours later I got the bath I’d been longing for. And, no Whoopsiedangleplops getting in or out of it!

Got the pressies and nibbles for Jane and Pete in me bag, bus-pass, camera and letters for the previous tenant to drop off at the community shed. Set off.

Met Deana and Julie on my way out of the building as they were emptying the coins out of the washing machines. Handed Obergruppenfurher Julie the letters, and she promptly screwed them up and dropped them in the rubbish bin? It’s nice to know that conscientious reliable centre-carers that we pay extra for on top of our rent can be relied on innit? Hehe!

Walk to Sherwood through Woodthorpe Park and caught bus into town.

Realised I’d again left me HDSC card in the laptop and could not take any photographs – decided to get another one so I can always keep one in the camera.

P1020089Called into Vic centre and got a Spending Voucher for Jane’s Christmas pressie.

Went to the Jessop camera store and bought yet another HDSC card for the camera. Tsk!

Took photo when I came out of the shop on Clinton Street. Busy as usual.

P1020098Caught the bus to WB, dropped off and walked to Jane’s mansion.

When I arrived Pete was vacuuming the old cat Fooey!

He loved it! (Mr Fooey the cat I mean)

I was so impressed with this I’m going P1020097to do a post about it with photographs on WordPress later today.

Cuppa tea presented to me and we had a good chin-wag.

Gave them their pressies and nibbles.

Pete was very much impressed with the camera-watch I gave him. Read the instructions and said it needed a computer. No problem I told him, I can give him me old one to use. We agreed to meet in town on Monday and I can give it to him then.


Hog Roast stall, one customer!

Much nattering later, I departed to catch the bus into town so as not to miss the last L9 bus that goes to the flats. Realised I’d got the timing wrong when I got into town and had an hour to spare, so I had a poddle around town using me camera.

The food stalls were back in the slab-square. Some new ones I spotted, but 01topj5they were not doing very well trade-wise.

The Hog Roast stall only had one customer.

Mind you the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich stall didn’t have any!

01topj6The same amount of customers that the Ostrich burger stall had!

The Chocolate Strawberry Stall was the same.

I caught the last L9 bus back to the flats.

WC’d then got me nosP1020108h on.

I was tired again and the reflux valve started to play up – I thought about abandoning the Beef and onion in black bean sauce with seasoned fries in case it made the reflux valve any worse… But I do so love this meal…

I ate it slowly as I could to limit any chance of it bothering me later.

Rated this 9.2/10 for sheer taste – the mandarins in jelly with sour cream cheese was nice too!

Feet up, drink of shandy and I nodded off nicely for an hour or so.


I’ve not got it right yet – Tsk!

Took me medications, thought about giving the corner-stand another touch up.

It’s still there being walked around in the middle of the kitchen floor and not yet anywhere near passable as usable.

I’ll ave to ask someone if there is anything I can do to make it less blotchy.

I must have done summat wrong, I don’t know whether to use the scratch liquid or polish on it again next? Huh!

Sat down again and put the telly on.

More nodding-off ensued.

Gave up trying to watch whatever it was I was trying to watch, curled up and drifted into oblivion – where dreams kept making me wake up (?) very often throughout the reminder of the night?

Somehow this didn’t bother me at all, I think I was feeling more content than I have for a long time now. Worrying that for me… Hehe!

TTFN all, and thanks to all who have helped me get through me problems of late.

3 thoughts on “Inchcock Today – Fri 25 Sept 15: Day of rest… of sorts

  1. christ on a bike, inchy !

    you’re getting too clever for me – had to ask google what that latin inscription in your header means

    glad to hear you’re feeling a bit less anxious, though – everything will work out in the end, mate !

    • Thanks Dunc mate. spent far far too long on the laptop today, got nowt done sorting-wise. Whatever happened to the morning I don’t know – it just disappeared? Hehe. hope your keeping well Sir. Started doing a graphic of you now, it’ll take a while to get right but you might like it. (I hope). TTFN, see ya soon. Cheers.

  2. CHEEZ! luv, after three years of latin in school, and all those years of hearing it at Mass, and I don’t remember enough to translate that. And after all the above, I really don’t care enough to translate it.
    I’m gonna have to try some of my more customized graphics again, instead of the simple stuff I do now. The only problem is that I spend way too much time on the computer as it is now, and of course I want to print all the good ones out so I can change the pics on my walls when the seasons change. That gets expensive, so I’m going to have to stay away from this machine, and start working on getting the place looking neater again.
    Could I send some of my stuff to you to refinish for me? You practiced on your corner table, so you know what NOT to do, and now that you know that much, you can do it right on my stuff. I’ve taken the cowards way out and just started cleaning it all with olive and peppermint oils that I combined. It cleans and adds a bug repellent at the same time. I need a stain remover for some things though. For my hands as well as my furniture. Huge ink blots, that have to wear off with frequent cleaning.
    Take care of you luv.

Leave a Reply